Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Championship Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/)
-   -   Tierra del Sol (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/tierra-del-sol-303706/)

waynet 03-11-2020 03:56 PM

Tierra del Sol

Played the course today. As good as it gets. Greens fast and smooth, fairways with grass, Course in great shape. Play it soon!!!!!

tophcfa 03-11-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waynet (Post 1726404)
Played the course today. As good as it gets. Greens fast and smooth, fairways with grass, Course in great shape. Play it soon!!!!!

I totally agree with your post, but I wish people would stop posting how good TDS is. A couple years ago it was priced the same as Orange Blossom, now it is priced the same as Palmer.

Bay Kid 03-12-2020 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1726484)
I totally agree with your post, but I wish people would stop posting how good TDS is. A couple years ago it was priced the same as Orange Blossom, now it is priced the same as Palmer.

I guess this is the cost to have a nice course. They all should be nice.

collie1228 03-12-2020 07:41 AM

Agree. Played it Tuesday and it's in great condition. Advice: Don't leave your ball above the hole. Your downhill putts will fly by the hole.

Buckeye Bob 03-16-2020 08:05 AM

Played TDS yesterday and it was fantastic. The greens are terrific. í ½í±í ¼í¿¼

Guitarman1951 03-17-2020 06:05 PM

I played Tierra today as well.

The course is in better shape than most of our courses. The greens are fast and in very good shape. So, please, don't play it!! Keep it in great shape for me!!!! 😂

kcrazorbackfan 03-17-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collie1228 (Post 1726625)
Agree. Played it Tuesday and it's in great condition. Advice: Don't leave your ball above the hole. Your downhill putts will fly by the hole.

Oh, yeah! Mrs. KC and I played it today; those downhill putts are super quick. I like them fast, the faster they are, the truer they putt.

mrf6969 03-22-2020 08:46 AM

Great to hear as playing tomorrow. Also Cain Garden is in the best shape I have seen in 14 years. Fairways on Cain are the best in TV. Greens lush shape but a bit slow.

collie1228 03-23-2020 07:09 AM

When I came to TV nearly eight years ago, when our group played at TDS I was always disappointed, as it was one of the worst courses in my opinion. Now, I believe it is by far the best course in The Villages. Full disclosure, I haven't played either Belle Glade or Evans Prairie yet this year, but have played the rest. The conditions are just great, and although I struggle sometimes with fast greens, you just can't complain about these. Fast, firm and true. Love it.

mrf6969 03-24-2020 11:37 AM

Okay played TDS yesterday and the greens are fairly fast but not smooth. Found many greens uneven and bumpy. Fairways pretty good shape considering no rain. Again I have no idea how Cain is keeping their fairways amazing.