Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Mvp (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/mvp-303815/)

TexaninVA 03-13-2020 10:38 PM

Mvp

Any one have information about how much longer MVP Brownwood & Spanish Springs will remain open? Seems like it's a matter of time before they close down.

photo1902 03-14-2020 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexaninVA (Post 1727410)
Any one have information about how much longer MVP Brownwood & Spanish Springs will remain open? Seems like it's a matter of time before they close down.

What did they say when you called and asked?

golfing eagles 03-14-2020 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo1902 (Post 1727433)
What did they say when you called and asked?

C'mon, you know better than that! Why get the facts directly from the source when you can 800 different opinions on TOTV?:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Blackie 03-14-2020 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexaninVA (Post 1727410)

MVP sent an email to members last night.

Covid-19 Update - MVP Sports

John_W 03-14-2020 08:30 AM

I got the email yesterday as well, the main point is no guest members or experience passes will be allowed. Just regular members. I went yesterday my wife's Zumba class she said was very full. Of the 20 treadmills I normally have to wait 5 minutes, but yesterday I got one right away. There are 5 workout benches in the weight area, and I got one of them right away, it's usually 50/50 if you might have to wait. Overall, you can see it's a little sparse but still a big crowd. A lot of hand sanitizers all around. There are no cases in Sumter, Lake or Marion counties, so if you want self-isolate do so.

thelegges 03-15-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1727546)
I got the email yesterday as well, the main point is no guest members or experience passes will be allowed. Just regular members. I went yesterday my wife's Zumba class she said was very full. Of the 20 treadmills I normally have to wait 5 minutes, but yesterday I got one right away. There are 5 workout benches in the weight area, and I got one of them right away, it's usually 50/50 if you might have to wait. Overall, you can see it's a little sparse but still a big crowd. A lot of hand sanitizers all around. There are no cases in Sumter, Lake or Marion counties, so if you want self-isolate do so.

But did you wipe down everything you touched before and after. Lifetime has always required you to do both, for the last 18 years

John_W 03-15-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelegges (Post 1728018)
But did you wipe down everything you touched before and after. Lifetime has always required you to do both, for the last 18 years

Of course I wipe down everything before and after, you don't know if the person before has wiped it down. I only usually touch two things, a pair of hand weights and the treadmill controls. There are signs on the wall to do so, but so many new people don't have a clue. Haven't heard of Lifetime, I belonged to Planet Fitness in Maryland. MVP at Brownwood has only been open since 2013, I've been a member since May '14.

BTW, Brownwood is closed until March 31st per their website.