Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Villages attempts to curb spreading Corona Virus (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-attempts-curb-spreading-corona-virus-303827/)

karostay 03-14-2020 07:57 AM

Villages attempts to curb spreading Corona Virus

In the attempts preventing an outbreak with in the Villages
perhaps the powers to be should consider stopping delivery of the Daily Sun an infected delivery persons could infect 1000's
Reports have Virus living for hours on surfaces

SKIMAN 03-14-2020 08:13 AM

I ran out of TP putting it too good use.Woooooooooooooo

golfing eagles 03-14-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1727519)
perhaps the powers to be should consider stopping delivery of the Daily Sun an infected delivery persons could infect 1000's

How about fetching your paper from your driveway, removing it from the plastic bag, and then washing your hands?

champion6 03-14-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Why stop there ... perhaps the USPS, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, etc. should stop all deliveries of everything to homes. <kidding, of course>

manaboutown 03-14-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Perhaps you could cancel your subscription to The Daily Sun if this concerns you so much.

karostay 03-14-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1727533)
How about fetching your paper from your driveway, removing it from the plastic bag, and then washing your hands?

Are you going to carry wipes and wash your dishes and drink glasses when a server bring them Or wipe down all your purchased store items after the clerk scans them

thelegges 03-14-2020 10:36 AM

Newspaper, what is used in case of an emergency delivery of a baby. You must really be in panic mode, if you think your newspapers are out to get you

600th Photo Sq 03-14-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1727619)
Are you going to carry wipes and wash your dishes and drink glasses when a server bring them Or wipe down all your purchased store items after the clerk scans them

I purchased 2,000 disposal gloves from Amazon $11.99 ( 500) per box, free delivery. I carry them everywhere. Very useful playing Pickleball, especially after the match ends I shake hands, where others have stopped that practice, they touch paddles or elbows.

Some of my neighbors liked my idea so they have ordered them. It's catching on. I have now ordered 2 more boxes, I shake a lot of hands, no elbow greetings for me ! :clap2: :popcorn:

vintageogauge 03-14-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1727634)
I purchased 2,000 disposal gloves from Amazon $11.99 ( 500) per box, free delivery. I carry them everywhere. Very useful playing Pickleball, especially after the match ends I shake hands, where others have stopped that practice, they touch paddles or elbows.

Some of my neighbors liked my idea so they have ordered them. It's catching on. I have now ordered 2 more boxes, I shake a lot of hands, no elbow greetings for me ! :clap2: :popcorn:

Unless you have long arms you are not following the 6 foot rule.

coffeebean 03-14-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

I saw on the news today that tapping feet is another way for greeting someone. Looks like a new dance!

Velvet 03-14-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1727694)
I saw on the news today that tapping feet is another way for greeting someone. Looks like a new dance!

Yep, worked at our social, lol, I know someone is going to say you need looong feet for 6 foot distance.

Villageswimmer 03-14-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Well aren’t you the clever one! So, you shake person 1 with your gloved hand, then shake person 2’s hand passing germs from person 1. Then shake 3 passing 1 and 2’s germs, and on and on. Brilliant.

Two Bills 03-14-2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1727694)

Avoiding people could be the best greeting!:icon_wink:

Funkman 03-14-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKIMAN (Post 1727531)
I ran out of TP putting it too good use.Woooooooooooooo

Congrats on having a crappy day???

vintageogauge 03-14-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villageswimmer (Post 1727726)
Well aren’t you the clever one! So, you shake person 1 with your gloved hand, then shake person 2’s hand passing germs from person 1. Then shake 3 passing 1 and 2’s germs, and on and on. Brilliant.

Amen, Amen, and Amen again to that.