Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Restaurants should use single use throw away paper menus until further notice. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/restaurants-should-use-single-use-throw-away-paper-menus-until-further-notice-303862/)

Northerner52 03-15-2020 07:45 AM

Restaurants should use single use throw away paper menus until further notice.

Pass the word.

DeanFL 03-15-2020 07:52 AM

Also, I saw that some U.S. restaurants are taking salt/pepper/cheese/ketchup etc etc OFF the tables, and providing them when requested (then cleaning them thoroughly after use). I always thought that these things harbored bacteria/virus year 'round anyway.

We were at a TV restaurant last week, and the server brought our water glasses on a tray - and put the first one on the table with her fingers draped over the top of the glass. I immediately asked her NOT to put them on a table like that. She took that one away, and grasped the glasses on the side, and provided straws. I did not want to come across too strongly - but the server appreciated the comment as did our table-mates. Cannot be too cautious (ever) and esp at these times.

OrangeBlossomBaby 03-15-2020 08:00 AM

Restaurants could laminate their menus, or put them into plastic sleeves, then sani-wipe the sleeves/menus after each use. A lot of places already do that, so I don't see why all restaurants can't pick up the habit.

karostay 03-15-2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northerner52 (Post 1727875)

Pass the word.

Store shelves are empty of all essentials due to panic chicken little sky is falling culture. Yet people are packing into restaurants
No everyday plain old common sense is being used
That's the best prevention

stan the man 03-15-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1727884)
Also, I saw that some U.S. restaurants are taking salt/pepper/cheese/ketchup etc etc OFF the tables, and providing them when requested (then cleaning them thoroughly after use). I always thought that these things harbored bacteria/virus year 'round anyway.

We were at a TV restaurant last week, and the server brought our water glasses on a tray - and put the first one on the table with her fingers draped over the top of the glass. I immediately asked her NOT to put them on a table like that. She took that one away, and grasped the glasses on the side, and provided straws. I did not want to come across too strongly - but the server appreciated the comment as did our table-mates. Cannot be too cautious (ever) and esp at these times.

The solution to all of your problems is to stay home

Jerseygirl08 03-15-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 1727893)
Restaurants could laminate their menus, or put them into plastic sleeves, then sani-wipe the sleeves/menus after each use. A lot of places already do that, so I don't see why all restaurants can't pick up the habit.

Great idea. I've always thought that each restaurant should have a menu wiper-person. Have you ever looked, or felt a menu. EWWWWW, they are greasy, slimy, and full of days and days worth of germs. I always said I wanted to start a business ....... contract out people who strictly wipe down menus. Each "wiper" could go to 10 restaurants/day and wipe away. Just kidding! But really, menu's and cell phones are the dirtiest things !!

Villageswimmer 03-15-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1727884)

Holding from the top has been common practice at Starbucks. I Hope they’ve addressed that.

rockandroller 03-15-2020 03:40 PM

We were in Panera Bread yesterday morning after our ride. The cashier handed us two plastic cups encased in a small paper bag. That is, she didn't touch the rim of our cups. Classy!

Two Bills 03-15-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockandroller (Post 1728077)
We were in Panera Bread yesterday morning after our ride. The cashier handed us two plastic cups encased in a small paper bag. That is, she didn't touch the rim of our cups. Classy!

But did the 'Paper bag Putterinner' touch the rim?:icon_wink:

kcrazorbackfan 03-15-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1727901)
Store shelves are empty of all essentials due to panic chicken little sky is falling culture. Yet people are packing into restaurants
No everyday plain old common sense is being used
That's the best prevention

That is incredible, isn't it? People have gone into mass hysteria mode at the grocery stores but are still having to get their social fix at the restaurants. You'd think with all the groceries being bought that the restaurants would be empty.

We played Bonifay yesterday afternoon, got done around 5:30, and the restaurant was full. And no, we are not eating out until this is over.

Fredman 03-15-2020 07:01 PM

Along with menus don’t forget about the ketchup, salt and pepper containers.

B-flat 03-15-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stan the man (Post 1727935)
The solution to all of your problems is to stay home

Plus 1:clap2:

DARFAP 03-15-2020 07:35 PM

Restaurants should close except for take out.

kaydee 03-15-2020 10:08 PM

How about we take responsibility for ourselves? If eating out, wear protective gloves...JMO

RobertWR 03-16-2020 01:21 AM

We are at our home in Ohio. The Ohio Governor closed all restaurants and bars yesterday indefinitely. Only carry out, no dine in. He will close day care soon.