Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What is Happening? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/what-happening-303880/)

JoMar 03-15-2020 02:25 PM

What is Happening?

Just came back from Publix.....several parking spaces outside, plenty of carts inside, found everything I was looking for, aisles were navigable and there were 6 packs of 2ply toilet paper (4 rolls per pack) on the shelves. It all seemed so normal :)

Yung Dum 03-15-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1728053)
Just came back from Publix.....several parking spaces outside, plenty of carts inside, found everything I was looking for, aisles were navigable and there were 6 packs of 2ply toilet paper (4 rolls per pack) on the shelves. It all seemed so normal :)

Great news! Now let's all rush out and do it again. Save some for me.

Barefoot 03-15-2020 02:39 PM

Sage327 03-15-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1728053)

I was in the Southern Trace Publix today at 11 and the only meat left on the shelves was steak. No chicken, pork, no eggs, no antibacterial dishwashing liquid, no bread,
and forget about toilet paper. Which Publix did you go to?

JoMar 03-15-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy327 (Post 1728067)
I was in the Southern Trace Publix today at 11 and the only meat left on the shelves was steak. No chicken, pork, no eggs, no antibacterial dishwashing liquid, no bread,
and forget about toilet paper. Which Publix did you go to?

Was at GrandTraverse....also drove through Brownwood to get there and there were folks at the outside seating at City Fire, WOB and Ricccardi's plus folks walking around and window shopping. Too Jays also looked busy. I picked up a couple steaks to grill tonight and they had chicken, pork, eggs and bread. Don't know about antibacterial dishwashing liqued. Custom Cuts not available, only prepacked meats. It was an enjoyable trip to Publix.

Nucky 03-15-2020 04:11 PM

Same here, Publix on Bichara was the pleasure it normally is. No change whatsoever. Everyone, employees and customers inside the store were as pleasant as ever.

Like our kids would say, Publix is the Bomb! That means its the bestest! :1rotfl::1rotfl:

If anything happens to me with this situation we are facing let it be known The Villages, TOTV'S, Our Friends and this Entire Experience has been a Hell of a Way to live for the last 4 years. I wouldn't change a thing, even the hard times with the weather and the little foul ups bleeps and blunders just makes the good times even sweeter! Take Care You All! Use your heads for more than a hatrack!

If you want some free entertainment since the squares are closed park in front of Publix and watch the inhumanity to man and women that occurs for apparently no good reason other than everyone want to be first. Calm down and cut somebody a break. You may walk slow someday. Karma is a, Well you know! :ohdear:

P.S. I'm willing to trade some Toilet Paper, Scotts for a few Store Bought Big Bottles of Hand Sanitizer. Its the only thing I missed the Damn Sanitizer. The great news is I've been washing my hands so much I have No Fingerprints Anymore!

Marywhite630 03-16-2020 05:29 AM

They probably restocked. I experienced the same thing yesterday in the Midwest. Shelves were completely empty Saturday but yesterday all seemed normal. And then the Governor closed bars and restaurants in the entire state. This is far from normal. Please take care everyone!

KLBNJ 03-16-2020 05:34 AM

God help us all.

beckyallen 03-16-2020 07:25 AM

Publix

We were at Grand Traverse Publix Sunday about 1pm and alll seemed pretty normal with all checkouts open. Just some noticeable empty shelves regarding toilet paper but all else seemed normal and pleasantly well stocked.

rmd2 03-16-2020 09:48 AM

hand sanitizer

I'm willing to trade some Toilet Paper, Scotts for a few Store Bought Big Bottles of Hand Sanitizer. Its the only thing I missed the Damn Sanitizer. The great news is I've been washing my hands so much I have No Fingerprints Anymore![/QUOTE]

You can make your own hand sanitizer for about $1.50. Just buy a bottle of isopropyl alcohol 91%. Pour some in a small container and add a little hand lotion, shake it up and you have your hand sanitizer. I checked with a pharmacist at Publix and he said this works fine as long as it contains 60% alcohol.

Pommom91 03-16-2020 09:56 AM

And then you woke up?

Bill32 03-16-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmd2 (Post 1728339)
I'm willing to trade some Toilet Paper, Scotts for a few Store Bought Big Bottles of Hand Sanitizer. Its the only thing I missed the Damn Sanitizer. The great news is I've been washing my hands so much I have No Fingerprints Anymore!

You can make your own hand sanitizer for about $1.50. Just buy a bottle of isopropyl alcohol 91%. Pour some in a small container and add a little hand lotion, shake it up and you have your hand sanitizer. I checked with a pharmacist at Publix and he said this works fine as long as it contains 60% alcohol.[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding alcohol 91%..................................

Carlsondm 03-16-2020 11:03 AM

The liquor store at Publix opens at 9a. Vodka et al

Velvet 03-16-2020 11:59 AM

If you can’t get high enough proof liquor to be effective just drink it and then you won’t worry about the whole thing.

I have been washing my hands with soap so often my skin is cracking. Now I use rubber gloves for most things, but not greeting people, leave soap on the rubber gloves or wash them, and my hands are no longer red.

dewilson58 03-16-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1728071)
I picked up a couple steaks to grill tonight and they had chicken, pork, eggs and bread.

Medium rare for me.