Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   FYI, grocery pick-up and deliveries suspended at Walmart (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/fyi-grocery-pick-up-deliveries-suspended-walmart-303893/)

queasy27 03-16-2020 03:38 AM

FYI, grocery pick-up and deliveries suspended at Walmart

Apparently the system was overwhelmed. I called customer support who suggested it might reopen in a week but no promises. I don't use Instacart but it's probably the same.

Has anyone tried food delivery (Grub Hub, DoorDash) recently?

Nucky 03-16-2020 07:31 AM

They are normally so good that the foul up of our last order and it was a whopper is forgiven. They are working under tough conditions.

Its good that the OP let everyone know this service is not available now. This is at the store on 441 in Summerfield as far as I know.

The person who loaded our car with half of the stuff we ordered said a lot of people called out sick and the ones who showed up were getting yelled at all day by their

valuable customers.

OrangeBlossomBaby 03-16-2020 09:27 AM

Also part of the problem is that people are ordering things the store doesn't have, and the system can't catch up to the demand. If, at 6AM, a load of toilet paper comes into the store and is put on the shelves, and the store doesn't open til 7, and at 7:05, 20 customers who are IN the store have already cleared off those shelves, the system isn't likely to know that they are not on the shelves anymore. Generally because those customers haven't paid for their products yet. They're still shopping.

So all those delivery/pick up pickers will see orders for things that are physically still in the store - but no longer available for purchase.

Basically - if you really need toilet paper, show up at the doors of the store 5 minutes before the store opens, and go to that aisle before you go anywhere else the second it opens up.

And - the only time you should buy more than one package during this insane time of viral craze is if there's a BOGO sale.

Nucky 03-16-2020 10:16 AM

When you place an order it clearly shows if an item you desire is out of stock. That's when you move onto something that shows it is in stock. They were so discombobulated that when the picked my order they put a beautiful steak under a 12 pack of iced tea. It was a multi colored steak. Like I said they had a rough day.

An item should not be allowed to be ordered if it can't be fulfilled. That must be part of the reason they shut down to re-establish their high quality level. Our order was not stress induced. It was just a regular run of the mill order with no Toilet Paper or Water needed.

They will figure it out. It's just a blip. The original order was $262. The delivered order was $125. Unacceptable. But we adapted no problem.

queasy27 03-16-2020 10:27 AM

Thanks, Nucky. I should have specified that my experience was with Buffalo Crossings location.

Also, It's a 24-hour store but hours are now restricted to 6 am-11 pm.

paulat585 03-16-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queasy27 (Post 1728181)
Apparently the system was overwhelmed. I called customer support who suggested it might reopen in a week but no promises. I don't use Instacart but it's probably the same.

Has anyone tried food delivery (Grub Hub, DoorDash) recently?

Thanks for the info. Tried to order from the Walmart website at 4 this morning, but it wouldn't function. Thought there might be a systemwide glitch.

perrjojo 03-16-2020 01:30 PM

I placed a pick up order on Saturday and the website said 1st available pick up would be Monday. I placed my order but I received an email yesterday saying the order was canceled. They are just over whelmed. The service is usually excellent. Oh, this was for the store on 441