Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Gov closing Bars and nightclubs, restriction on all resturants (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/gov-closing-bars-nightclubs-restriction-all-resturants-303955/)

New Englander 03-17-2020 10:39 AM

Gov closing Bars and nightclubs, restriction on all resturants

This is going from bad to worse. :pray:

stan the man 03-17-2020 10:44 AM

WOW have to cook at home

Two Bills 03-17-2020 10:47 AM

That means another panic at supermarket for all frozen meals and veg!
Given the forgotten cooking skills of many, these extra toilet rolls are going to be used after all!

shaboobie 03-17-2020 10:47 AM

Where did you see or hear this ?

thomp679 03-17-2020 10:48 AM

The order is for nightclubs and bars. Restaurants are to reduce their seating by 50%.

Coronavirus: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis orders bars, nightclubs closed, restaurant crowd limits

ajbrown 03-17-2020 10:48 AM

What I read was different

What I read is that he ordered night clubs and bars to close for 30 days. He did not close restaurants, but rather put some restrictions on them.

Coronavirus Florida: Governor closes bars, limits restaurants - News - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - Sarasota, FL

I wonder if the bar at Mallory is a bar or part of the restaurant?

Chatbrat 03-17-2020 10:49 AM

There will have to be a 24 hr hotline, to instruct Villagers on how to use a microwave and turn on the stove--get ready for lots of things exploding that were stored in ovens

Two Bills 03-17-2020 10:54 AM

Seat them on the squares.
Plenty of room out there!

Inexes@aol.com 03-17-2020 11:19 AM

Panic buying

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1728913)
That means another panic at supermarket for all frozen meals and veg!
Given the forgotten cooking skills of many, these extra toilet rolls are going to be used after all!

Yes, this panic buying has created a real hardship on those of us who cannot get out to physically shop for our food. I rely on Walmart pic-up and because of the selfish people who wouldn't go out to shop, we that relied on this service have no available food source. I did get an order in Sunday evening and pick-up was not available until Tuesday at 6PM. Now I get a message that most of order is out-of-stock. Bread, eggs, milk, crackers, Peanut butter, Boost and frozen foods I ordered....... and they have had to suspend their online shopping. So.... now what happens to those of us who had no other alternative? All this thanks to the panic buying of selfish people who have no consideration of others. And before everyone jumps on this, I do understand that Walmart could not have foreseen this and of course, would be shorted on stock . And I understand we are not the only family with limitations on how we shop..... but this service is used by thousands of young, healthy people who use it as a time saver, who could have considered going in to the store to make their purchases and not overwhelmed the online service to the point it had to shut down. I think at this point I am more concerned over the fall-out from the panic shopping than I am of actually being affected by the virus. I told my spouse we are more likely to die of starvation than the flu, lol.

jimbo2012 03-17-2020 12:53 PM

Gov closing Bars and nightclubs, restriction on all resturants

as of 5pm
Bars and nightclubs must remain closed for 30 days beginning at 5 p.m.

DeSantis said he wants restaurants to stay at a 50 percent capacity limit, and keep tables 6-feet apart. He also said restaurant workers will need to undergo health screenings to ensure they can work around food.

alemorkam 03-17-2020 12:55 PM

ALL bars in Florida will close this evening at 5Pm.

Access Denied

karostay 03-17-2020 01:30 PM

Don't think Villagers know how to cook.

JoMar 03-17-2020 01:30 PM

Since the bars are part of the restaurants I doubt they will be required to close. I suspect that is for stand a lone establishments.

karostay 03-17-2020 01:34 PM

Restaurants closed no food in stores gas is affordable..I'll just take cooler of ice ride around look for fresh road kill
Darn now everyone will be out looking

blueash 03-17-2020 01:38 PM

If you look at my older posts about Corona I may have sort of suggested that this was just media hype or a hoax and it was fully under control, just one guy from China

But in reality I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.

I'm counting on you have a bad short term memory, but you're my friends.