Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   NFL Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/)
-   -   Fairwell to Tom Brady (aka the GOAT) and thanks for all the great memories (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/fairwell-tom-brady-aka-goat-thanks-all-great-memories-303966/)

tophcfa 03-17-2020 05:47 PM

Fairwell to Tom Brady (aka the GOAT) and thanks for all the great memories

1 Attachment(s)
Well, the inevitable finally happened as TB12 and the Patriots parted ways today. I guess all good things eventually come to an end. As an avid lifelong Pats fan I have nothing but praise for the GOAT and wish him the best in his future endeavors. Below is just a summary of some of the statistics the greatest quarterback and football player of all time put up during his 20 years with the Pats.

- Passed for 74,571 Yards
- Threw 541 touchdown passes to 77 different targets during the regular season
- Won a record 219 regular season games
- Threw 73 touchdown passes to 24 different targets during the post season
- Won three regular season MVP's
- Won 17 AFC East Titles
- He holds pretty much every post season quarterback record there is
- Won a record 30 Playoff Games
- Played in 9 Super Bowls
- Won 6 World Championships
- Won 4 Super Bowl MVP's

It has been my pleasure to watch the greatest ever play for my home team at such a high level for almost a third of my entire life. All by someone who was drafted in the 6th round as the 199th player taken in 2000.

kcrazorbackfan 03-17-2020 06:23 PM

And he's going to Tampa Bay, WOW!

ColdNoMore 03-17-2020 07:41 PM

Without a doubt...he's the GOAT! :bigbow:

It would be awesome to see him win one more Super Bowl at his next stop, just to shut up those whining sore losers all these years who say it was Belichick's "system"...that made Brady so successful.
:thumbup:

Polar Bear 03-17-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1729123)
...It would be awesome to see him win one more Super Bowl at his next stop..:

Especially if that is Tampa Bay!! :)

Kilmacowen 03-17-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1729129)
Especially if that is Tampa Bay!! :)

Heard on the news tonight that the tax free state was a big attraction to him.

rjn5656 03-18-2020 04:18 AM

Brady

Wish he would have just retired (my opinion).

sdeikenberry 03-18-2020 04:59 AM

Never been a Brady, or Patriots, fan...has mostly to do with Bellacheat's actions and Brady's attitude. He was a great player though...

KLBNJ 03-18-2020 06:10 AM

Welcome Tom Brady to Florida and looking forward to watching you play for Tampa Bay. Thank you for choosing us.

Linnberg 03-18-2020 06:34 AM

Bucs fan

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1729082)
Well, the inevitable finally happened as TB12 and the Patriots parted ways today. I guess all good things eventually come to an end. As an avid lifelong Pats fan I have nothing but praise for the GOAT and wish him the best in his future endeavors. Below is just a summary of some of the statistics the greatest quarterback and football player of all time put up during his 20 years with the Pats.

- Passed for 74,571 Yards
- Threw 541 touchdown passes to 77 different targets during the regular season
- Won a record 219 regular season games
- Threw 73 touchdown passes to 24 different targets during the post season
- Won three regular season MVP's
- Won 17 AFC East Titles
- He holds pretty much every post season quarterback record there is
- Won a record 30 Playoff Games
- Played in 9 Super Bowls
- Won 6 World Championships
- Won 4 Super Bowl MVP's

It has been my pleasure to watch the greatest ever play for my home team at such a high level for almost a third of my entire life. All by someone who was drafted in the 6th round as the 199th player taken in 2000.

Grew up in Boston so was a super PATs fan, then NYC and then 15 years in Tampa before moving here 16 years ago. We had club seats in the new BUCS stadium and went to their super bowl for their one great season. Watched all the bad QBs come and go including Winston.
Don’t care how Brady does., but welcome the greatest player to FL.
Will be excited to cheer him on. Now if we can only get a good offensive line to protect him, we may actually win.

patemack12 03-18-2020 06:38 AM

Who gives a. ??

Annie66 03-18-2020 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdeikenberry (Post 1729196)
Never been a Brady, or Patriots, fan...has mostly to do with Bellacheat's actions and Brady's attitude. He was a great player though...

Agree ….. glad he has left the AFC East. He broke my heart too many times.

mciurca 03-18-2020 06:59 AM

Once a cheat, always a cheat. Great career with astericks.

jswirs 03-18-2020 07:00 AM

Right, and when the Pats lost to the Eagles in the super bowl of 2017 Brady showed everyone his true colors when he couldn't even go over to any of the Eagles and congratulate them on their win. No, he went directly down to his own locker and sulked over that loss. He may be a winner on the football field, but he's a loser in life. And, to make matters worse, he already had many super bowl wins under his belt. What a showing of such poor sportsmanship.

Bay Kid 03-18-2020 07:47 AM

It will nice to have a GREAT player in the state. Good luck!

Adorrable1 03-18-2020 08:08 AM

As a Bill's fan, thank god