Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   village resturants (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/village-resturants-304033/)

billlaur 03-18-2020 09:46 PM

village resturants

ALL RESTURANTS SHOULD BE CLOSED IN THE VILLAGES..WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

John_W 03-18-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billlaur (Post 1729799)
ALL RESTURANTS SHOULD BE CLOSED IN THE VILLAGES..WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

I guess you're not anymore familiar with the operation of a message board with your multiple threads than you are with the legality of what you suggest. The Villages is not the law, this isn't an Army base. The Governor if desired, could use police powers to enforce emergency laws, or even the national guard. They're hoping it doesn't have to go that far. You as a private citizen can stay away from such private establishments and quarantine yourself. I'm sure without using the police, the governor could temporary revoke the liquor and food license of every restaurant and bar or a modified version of that, and then use inspectors to enforce his orders.

Northwoods 03-18-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1729801)
I guess you're not anymore familiar with the operation of a message board with your multiple threads than you are with the legality of what you suggest. The Villages is not the law, this isn't an Army base. The Governor if desired, could use police powers to enforce emergency laws, or even the national guard. They're hoping it doesn't have to go that far. You as a private citizen can stay away from such private establishments and quarantine yourself. I'm sure without using the police, the governor could temporary revoke the liquor and food license of every restaurant and bar or a modified version of that, and then use inspectors to enforce his orders.

JohnW is right. It's not up to The Developer to shut down the restaurants, it's up to state government. I think many restaurants are trying to follow the "social distancing" dictated by the government. I was in a restaurant today and was seated probably 10 ft. from anyone else in the restaurant. They wiped down the table with disinfectant wipes when we sat down. They are wiping down the menus..They are doing everything they can to minimize issues.
They are a business. They are trying to make a living. So they are doing everything they can to try to eliminate any "germ transfer." There are so many people who work at these establishments that depend on that income to live. Today I tipped the server 30%.
I'm not saying to go out to a restaurant. Staying home is the safest option. But if you do go out.... give these servers a really good tip. Because they are struggling right now.

Chi-Town 03-18-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Yelling and praying: that should do it.

Koapaka 03-18-2020 10:16 PM

We are waiting our move to TV and here they have CLOSED all dine in capacities, and everything is offered thru curbside pickup or delivery for those places that do not have the third option, which is drive thru for those places having that option. There are so many delivery services now (including Grubhub) that now offers "no contact delivery" since you pay when you order online, the driver just calls/texts you once they are close, and they leave it at your front door. Everyone remain safe.

golfing eagles 03-19-2020 05:34 AM

Quote:

Here's a novel idea-----why don't YOU just cook at home

billlaur 03-19-2020 06:48 AM

I do ,,I just see how many people don't care they just don't give a dam...

billlaur 03-19-2020 06:49 AM

You just keep hitting golf balls...

Jima64 03-19-2020 08:34 AM

They are trying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northwoods (Post 1729809)
JohnW is right. It's not up to The Developer to shut down the restaurants, it's up to state government. I think many restaurants are trying to follow the "social distancing" dictated by the government. I was in a restaurant today and was seated probably 10 ft. from anyone else in the restaurant. They wiped down the table with disinfectant wipes when we sat down. They are wiping down the menus..They are doing everything they can to minimize issues.
They are a business. They are trying to make a living. So they are doing everything they can to try to eliminate any "germ transfer." There are so many people who work at these establishments that depend on that income to live. Today I tipped the server 30%.
I'm not saying to go out to a restaurant. Staying home is the safest option. But if you do go out.... give these servers a really good tip. Because they are struggling right now.

Sounds like this restaurant is doing a better job than most.