Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   They should know better! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/they-should-know-better-304041/)

jacksonbrown 03-19-2020 07:20 AM

They should know better!

Yesterday, I was at my local drug store to refill a script. I won't name the chain but here is my story.

The pharmacy tech was waiting on people in line.

The tech was gloved.

I notice that the tech handled the scripts, credit cards and money without changing gloves or wiping hands.

Folks took their turn, walked to the counter, placed their hands on the counter, then leaned on the counter while the tech collected their scripts.

The tech waited on me.

I did not allow the tech to touch my credit card and asked the tech to place my script in a plastic bag.

I asked the tech for a wipe.

The tech related that there were NO wipes in the entire store, nor any wipes for use by the techs.

The tech NEVER changed to a clean pair of gloves.

Be careful folks.

eyc234 03-19-2020 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksonbrown (Post 1729896)
Yesterday, I was at my local drug store to refill a script. I won't name the chain but here is my story.

The tech was gloved.

I notice that the tech handled the scripts, credit cards and money without changing gloves or wiping hands.

Folks took their turn, walked to the counter, placed their hands on the counter, then leaned on the counter while the tech collected their scripts.

The tech waited on me.

I did not allow the tech to touch my credit card and asked the tech to place my script in a plastic bag.

The tech related that there were NO wipes in the entire store, nor any wipes for use by the techs.

Be careful folks.

:ohdear: So do not touch your face with your hands, when you get home wash your hands and clean off your bottles. Have you not heard that hoarders and people who do not care about others have decimated the everything from store shelves?

OrangeBlossomBaby 03-19-2020 09:33 AM

The tech was protecting himself from all those germs on credit cards and money that was exchanging hands. He is constantly in contact with sick people all day (that's the nature of a pharmacy tech). If the pharmacy employees get sick, there will be no one available to provide you with your prescriptions. Be grateful he is protecting himself.

asianthree 03-20-2020 09:32 AM

Script by mail

JohnN 03-20-2020 10:18 AM

as someone else said, the tech was protecting his/her self. perhaps they clean the counter and machines periodically but it's not practical after every customer. what else were you expecting?

coffeebean 03-20-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksonbrown (Post 1729896)

The tech was gloved.

The tech waited on me.

Be careful folks.

The tech was protected. All the customers were NOT. Keep in mind when you get in your car or golf cart you are transferring all the germs you have picked up on your hands while you are out and about. When you get home, first wash your hands then sanitize as best you can all the surfaces you touch. Then wash your hands again. This is going to get very old very soon, unfortunately.