Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Groceries (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/groceries-304044/)

Bill32 03-19-2020 08:42 AM

Groceries

We went to Publix to pick up prescriptions and a few food items yesterday. My wife noticed The older gentleman bagging was licking his fingers to open the plastic bags. When we got home I set up a table in the garage with a small pail of disinfectant cleaning solution and a rag. Nothing came into the house without being thoroughly wiped down.

Now if we purchase anything it gets a good cleaning before it comes in. We sent a email to Publix alerting them to tell employees not to put fingers in their mouth,,,

JoMar 03-19-2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill32 (Post 1729972)
We went to Publix to pick up prescriptions and a few food items yesterday. My wife noticed The older gentleman bagging was licking his fingers to open the plastic bags. When we got home I set up a table in the garage with a small pail of disinfectant cleaning solution and a rag. Nothing came into the house without being thoroughly wiped down.

Now if we purchase anything it gets a good cleaning before it comes in. We sent a email to Publix alerting them to tell employees not to put fingers in their mouth,,,

Another reason to take your own bags.

thomp679 03-19-2020 10:34 PM

Next time, take your own bags and offer to sack it yourself. Issue solved.

jebartle 03-20-2020 06:39 AM

LAST visit to grocery store was scary. Noticed friends in store that had the same look as a deer in headlights, where is the exit??? I think it will come to stores that will do shopping for you while you wait outside. Hope I'm not over reacting, just need to calm down and be smart, be prepared with disinfecting wipes and social distance.
Even thou we could use a good hug from friends, a wave from a distance will have to do. Stay safe folks.

Trishakaye 03-20-2020 07:19 AM

Quote:

Thank you

Bill32 03-20-2020 08:16 AM

Bringing own bags and bagging yourself may help but anything we purchase gets a thorough cleaning before it comes into our home, the finger licking is only what we observed we don't know how the products were handled before we put them into the cart...we will be as proactive as we can and it's still a crapshoot whether we contact the virus or not...stay safe friends...

asianthree 03-20-2020 09:28 AM

Only go to a grocery that you can self serve check out with your own bags

valuemkt 03-20-2020 04:02 PM

This is a great time to put the white crosses back in your front yard as all the trolls are reporting corona violations !!

swooner 03-21-2020 02:42 PM

Simple solution. Bag it yourself!

Bogie Shooter 03-21-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebartle (Post 1730422)
LAST visit to grocery store was scary. Noticed friends in store that had the same look as a deer in headlights, where is the exit??? I think it will come to stores that will do shopping for you while you wait outside. Hope I'm not over reacting, just need to calm down and be smart, be prepared with disinfecting wipes and social distance.
Even thou we could use a good hug from friends, a wave from a distance will have to do. Stay safe folks.

Where are these available??

Two Bills 03-21-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valuemkt (Post 1730712)
This is a great time to put the white crosses back in your front yard as all the trolls are reporting corona violations !!

Back in front yard?
I carry a large white cross round my neck, along with a necklace of garlic. and wear a toilet paper hat.
Amazing how much room people leave around me!
Keep well. :)

marjorie1955 03-21-2020 04:18 PM

:coolsmiley: funny guy!

coffeebean 03-21-2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marjorie1955 (Post 1731208)
:coolsmiley: funny guy!

Yes! What a great sense of humor.

kcrazorbackfan 03-21-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Why didn't you say anything while you were there? How much time passed before getting home and sending an email to Publix that they probably won't read before Monday?

If you had asked for a manager, WHILE YOU WERE AT THE STORE, his doing that would probably have been stopped immediately.

I'll never understand why you people refuse to say something immediately if you see something wrong......

CFrance 03-21-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1730547)
Only go to a grocery that you can self serve check out with your own bags

I thought of that, but then, think of how many different people before you used that self checkout, as opposed to only one person per shift at the cashier aisle. I like OP's idea of cleaning everything before bringing it into the house.

We always bring our own bags and usually do our own bagging. But you don't know who has handled your items when they were stocked.