Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Patio furniture (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/patio-furniture-304108/)

Gigi3000 03-20-2020 08:30 AM

Patio furniture

Could anyone suggest higher sitting patio furniture? Or higher sitting deep seat lounge cushions? My aunt has a hard time getting up out of her current set.

Chatbrat 03-20-2020 11:21 AM

electric lift chair

Gigi3000 03-20-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1730605)
electric lift chair

I'm not aware of a patio chair with electric lift. Brand? Link?

golfjuly11 03-20-2020 12:04 PM

Try Palm Casual very good furniture

VApeople 03-20-2020 05:07 PM

We got all of our patio furniture (one dining table with four chairs, six rocker chairs with footstools, three side tables) and two wicker chairs at Perfect Porch. No, we did not buy all of them at the same time.

For each purchase, we also went to Palm Casual, Coral Casual, and Leisure Living, but in every case we were more pleased with what we found at Perfect Porch.

asianthree 03-20-2020 06:40 PM

Op is asking for a higher seating to make it easier to get up. Call palm casual.

They do have a couple of chairs that are taller.

Also they make the cushions there, and might be able to make one denser and more loft.

A rocker is not stable for a smooth descent. We had an issue with our loveseat from 3 years earlier and they matched the piece, the cushions were thicker than what was offered at other places. Hope this helps

Imadreamer 03-21-2020 07:28 AM

Chair for Aunt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigi3000 (Post 1730499)
Could anyone suggest higher sitting patio furniture? Or higher sitting deep seat lounge cushions? My aunt has a hard time getting up out of her current set.

If this is just ONE chair you are considering, you could use a riser under each leg. Use something very stable.

Please consider keeping her functional. If her condition permits, keeping active and getting up and down often will keep muscles working. Best wishes.

MIskra 03-21-2020 07:32 AM

I have a fried who has the same problem (getting up from low chairs). For patio chairs, she uses the cheaper plastic stackable ones and stacks two of them, which makes the seat higher. Put a cushion on the top chair to make it comfortable. This might be a workable solution for your aunt. Good luck!

mp.scanland 03-21-2020 07:47 AM

Go to Coral''s Casual Patio near Pet Smart in Lady Lake. They have a special order selection. Works perfectly for me.

Beach Boy 03-21-2020 02:48 PM

Try Lowe's patio bar height with backs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigi3000 (Post 1730499)

try Lowe's patio bar stools with backs

Carlsondm 03-21-2020 03:27 PM

We were told there were three heights. Dining is the middle height, which we like. The lowest were for conversation or sitting around a coffee table. The highest, as you might guess are bar table height. We bought two amazing rocker/glider chairs at Coral Patio near Best Buy. Delivery is free. We will go back for wall art soon.