Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Refunds re shows provided by The Villages Entertainment (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/refunds-re-shows-provided-villages-entertainment-304154/)

44Apple 03-21-2020 09:24 AM

Refunds re shows provided by The Villages Entertainment

I have tickets to a cancelled presentation at the Sharon but have not seen any refund policy posted by them, or heard from them. On ticket it says "No Refund" but am wondering if that is still in effect when they cancel something.

2newyorkers 03-21-2020 10:53 AM

I received a phone call from the entertainment department that they were refunding my money back to my credit card for one event. I questioned about another event I had tickets for. The person on the phone stated that they are trying to reschedule the event. If I can not go to the event on the new date they will refund my money. That they are working diligently and will contact everyone about every cancelled event.

retiredguy123 03-21-2020 11:03 AM

I wonder what the bank would do if you disputed the credit card charge? I would give it a try.

Bogie Shooter 03-21-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1731055)
I wonder what the bank would do if you disputed the credit card charge? I would give it a try.

Not necessary. I got my refund for Trisha Yearwood concert.
Give them a break! They haven't said no...…...

dewilson58 03-21-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44Apple (Post 1730995)
I have tickets to a cancelled presentation at the Sharon but have not seen any refund policy posted by them, or heard from them. On ticket it says "No Refund" but am wondering if that is still in effect when they cancel something.

Call them.

:ho:

JohnN 03-21-2020 12:07 PM

The Villages has been very responsive. There's thousands of refunds to be made and they're working on them diligently. Don't go calling them right now, they've got enough to do. If you can't make a later show, they'll give a refund. Don't make a big issue when there isn't one there.

JoMar 03-21-2020 01:47 PM

Also was called and refunds to our CC are being processed. I think the web site said that all would be contacted.....if you don't hear by April 30th the call. Please give them time and try not to be part of the problem.

Northwoods 03-21-2020 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1731064)
Call them.

:ho:

Well there's an idea. I had tickets. They called me and refunded my payment. It was in March. Maybe they're working through the payments.

VillagesDan 03-22-2020 05:48 AM

The policy is posted on the
Villages Entertainment website.
They are cancelling and refunding a long list of events.
They are also rescheduling anonther long list of events.
The website says which is which.

Give them a break and do not challenge your charge card. They have thousands and thousands of tickets to deal with.

vinricci 03-22-2020 06:54 AM

I had tickets for David Foster and called when I asked why I wasn’t contacted they said my tickets were automatically rebooked for May.

tony &donna kempa 03-22-2020 07:00 AM

They’re calling show by show and the refunds are taking about a week. I received 2 calls so far for performances they next week. They are reduced dk g the ticket price plus the fees if yopurchased online. It’s taking them awhile but they are making a lot of calls. Studio theatre was postponed but they intend to call as soon as they have a rescheduled date. Don’t worry you'll get your money refunded for any cancelled show. Jus be patient.

diva1 03-22-2020 07:06 AM

My show for last weekend was cancelled. A few days later I checked my credit card account online and the credit for the tickets had been processed. If the show is cancelled and a few days have gone by, go check your CC online.

raynan 03-22-2020 07:50 AM

David Foster is rescheduled for next February. When you get the call you get a choice of rebooking or refund. I've gotten several calls. One thing to watch out is that some of the calls are coming in with a phone # you will not recognize and it doesn't say it's The Villages that is calling so you have to answer all calls while refunds are expected. If you call them, you are on hold a long time and then only can leave a voice mail. Patience people. They are doing the best they can.

davem4616 03-22-2020 08:56 AM

The Villages Entertainment folks are 'stand up' people....no need to worry whether you'll get your money back if you are not able to attend the rescheduled date. If they are no able to reschedule, you'll get your money back....they have integrity, let them work through this...let's all keep in mind that no one in the entertainment industry had a process in place to handle a massive cancellation/rescheduling mess like they're dealing with.

Here's an example of their good faith....about a year ago my wife and I showed up at The Sharon with the wrong tickets in hand (we go to a lot of events in TV)…we were early enough, so when it was pointed out to us at the door, I drove back home, picked up the right tickets, returned and we were seated. During the intermission the Box Office Manager came over to our seats (we were on the aisle) and offered to 'comp' us for the event, as the person at the door should have told us to just go to the Box Office and they'd reprint our tickets. I declined the offer, as we saw the whole show.....I never did find out how the Box Office found out about this as neither one of us made a scene or said anything....this is the caliber of people we are dealing with

sipops 03-22-2020 09:03 AM

I know the Sharon does not refund they only give you credit towards another show.