Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Have You used take out (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/have-you-used-take-out-304187/)

Chatbrat 03-22-2020 07:16 AM

Have You used take out

Don't have the guts to use take out from any restaurant, during this crisis

Wonder why Wawa is still being allowed to serve coffee--their carafe style dispensers, are not designed for sanitation--meaning -multiple people can use them before they are cleaned

bonrich 03-22-2020 07:22 AM

Used China Gourmet in Colony Plaza yesterday for take-out. Door is open, chairs to sit, no tables, while waiting for your order to come up. Quick, within ten minutes, (they were busy) out the door.

C4Boston 03-22-2020 07:39 AM

Yes, did take-out from Fenney Grill Friday night. Good food and DON'T FORGET TO TIP!

NotGolfer 03-22-2020 07:48 AM

Yes....Culver's no problem!

DeanFL 03-22-2020 07:58 AM

If drive-thru counts, after golf yesterday, went to PDQ in Colony. Love that place and always eat-in. Only drive-thru open, and outdoor seating area blocked. Only 4 cars ahead of us, got our food about 10 min after getting there (we expected longer wait). The people could not have been sweeter, and PDQ even gave out a coupon for One free menu item - exp date 12/2020. We will definitely go back (even without the coupon...) need to support these businesses.

Nucky 03-22-2020 08:11 AM

I respect the decisions of those who posted before me and I really do like the places they have mentioned to eat.

What if one of the people in the chain that it took to deliver and cook that food is sick? I have had the thought about going out to get take out but have thought it through and its not the correct thing for me or my wife. I have to fight the feeling. I know it isn't easy but if I were you I would fight the feeling.

Good question Chatbrat, you may have saved someone. Bravo.

villagerjack 03-22-2020 08:18 AM

Fear is not a great motivator. So far we had a few hundred deaths in our Country of 330 Million. It has cost $16 Trillion in stock market losses, about $1.5 Trillion to GDP and 15-20% unemployment. And we are still in the early stages. Shutting down the economy will be disastrous. Government handing out money is not equivalent people getting paid, spending it and putting it in circulation. If we let it, the “Cure” could be worse than the disease. Don’t let your mind run away from you. Support the local businesses if you can.

vintageogauge 03-22-2020 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagerjack (Post 1731477)
Fear is not a great motivator. So far we had a few hundred deaths in our Country of 330 Million. It has cost $16 Trillion in stock market losses, about $1.5 Trillion to GDP and 15-20% unemployment. And we are still in the early stages. Shutting down the economy will be disastrous. Government handing out money is not equivalent people getting paid, spending it and putting it in circulation. If we let it, the “Cure” could be worse than the disease. Don’t let your mind run away from you. Support the local businesses if you can.

Can't agree more. Every day in this county more than 100 people die and thousands severely injured in traffic accidents but we all still drive. Be careful but be sane.

John_W 03-22-2020 08:28 AM

Giovanni brother's place that opened last summer at Pinellas Plaza, Roberto's does delivery and pickup. A lady posted on Villages FB yesterday at 4pm they start delivery and got her food rather quickly and posted photos. Another said they ordered and then picked the food up themselves. Roberto apparently reads FB because he posted to thank them.

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...07&oe=5E9EE0D7

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...64&oe=5E9D4E6B

villagerjack 03-22-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1731486)
Can't agree more. Every day in this county more than 100 people die and thousands severely injured in traffic accidents but we all still drive. Be careful but be sane.

Yes, we will conquer this virus but will be living with the “Cure” for decades to come.

Nucky 03-22-2020 08:44 AM

I wouldn't be opposed to buying Gift Certificates from the places we love to eat. I'm all for helping out the businesses. I accept your reasoning as a good answer for you. If you don't understand my hesitancy thats OK. Those pictures John posted have my mouth watering and mentioning Culver's doesn't make it easier but I'm going to stay my course. Good luck with yours.

John_W 03-22-2020 09:02 AM

Just saw this on Facebook.

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...08&oe=5E9B713F

Nucky 03-22-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1731532)

You sure know how to hurt a guy! :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Sure would be nice to hear from a DOCTOR on the good and bad of this discussion.

John_W 03-22-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1731559)

Sure would be nice to hear from a DOCTOR on the good and bad of this discussion.

Today Show show had a doctor on this morning answering all those questions. He said basically you're safe. To be really safe, have the delivery person leave the food on the porch. Take it in, dispose of the box and wash your hands and then microwave the food for 30 seconds. Same with deliveries from Amazon or anyone else, wash your hands after handling the containers.

Bill32 03-22-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1731559)

I would think a doctor would tell you to stay home and make your own food, Everytime you leave your house your taking a chance of coming in contact with this virus. Everyone's comfort level is different. If you want to go out fine, follow guidelines and be safe..