Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Spring breakers got it !!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/spring-breakers-got-304231/)

Chatbrat 03-23-2020 07:26 AM

Spring breakers got it !!!!

five spring breakers returning to their homes tested positive for the virus in the Tampa area have tested positive--can't imagine how many contacts they had during their partying

LiverpoolWalrus 03-23-2020 09:44 AM

I was going to ask for a source because there's so much guessing, speculating and outright BS, but I went and found one of many reports on this subject myself. You appear to be correct:

5 Florida College Students Test Positive for Coronavirus After Spring Break Trip

justjim 03-23-2020 10:04 AM

Most of us have forgotten what it was like to be 18-21 years old. At that age perhaps we would have done the same. Just saying. Money rules and the reason beaches were not closed was about the money.

golfing eagles 03-23-2020 10:23 AM

Congregating at the beaches was the least of it. Many report young people challenging each other to LICK, yes LICK, doorknobs and handrails. Pretty gross even without an epidemic. These are our future leaders and professionals????????

billethkid 03-23-2020 10:52 AM

Too much defiance.
Little or no respect.
All exacerbated by total and complete tolerance and lack of enforcement by those who COULD make a difference.

Much being said about the participants....little or not enough being said about those who allowed it to happen and CONTINUE!!!!!!

DonH57 03-23-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1732160)
Congregating at the beaches was the least of it. Many report young people challenging each other to LICK, yes LICK, doorknobs and handrails. Pretty gross even without an epidemic. These are our future leaders and professionals????????

So basically they were doing every thing but touching the third rail in the subways!

Chatbrat 03-24-2020 05:30 AM

Should have quoted a Jr HS class mate of mine, Judge Judy, "Beauty fades Dumb is Forever"--this spring break could be the dumbest act of everyone involved--including the politicians involved

Topspinmo 03-24-2020 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1732004)
five spring breakers returning to their homes tested positive for the virus in the Tampa area have tested positive--can't imagine how many contacts they had during their partying

And how many had it before they got here and infected people on way here. Then, how many got it here and infected people on way back? Then they whine about college debt taking break’s on student loan money?

dewilson58 03-24-2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1732160)
Congregating at the beaches was the least of it. Many report young people challenging each other to LICK, yes LICK, doorknobs and handrails.

An 8, 10, 12 people per room.

(i heard they do that, i did not dew that 40 years ago)

MOMOH 03-24-2020 07:05 AM

Future leaders? With that kind of behavior, I doubt they'll last that long.

lakegage 03-24-2020 07:19 AM

You can thank Florida's governor for that. It's ridiculous that he would not close the beaches. I guess money talks louder than the health of young people.

Dlbonivich 03-24-2020 08:13 AM

I think it was a failure of the students parents, I never allowed my kids to go to spring break. I allowed them a trip but spring break is asking for trouble. Parents seem to have no control.

dewilson58 03-24-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOMOH (Post 1732553)
Future leaders? With that kind of behavior, I doubt they'll last that long.

Unlike the druggies and draft dodgers from the 60's.

Two Bills 03-24-2020 08:26 AM

Once again, people blame authority for the failings of the dumb kids who went.
There was more than enough advice, and warnings prior to them flocking in.
Sorry. No sympathy for any of them.

davem4616 03-24-2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dlbonivich (Post 1732617)
I think it was a failure of the students parents, I never allowed my kids to go to spring break. I allowed them a trip but spring break is asking for trouble. Parents seem to have no control.

I totally agree with you.

Back in the day (before it was referred to as 'spring break') I saw school vacation weeks as an opportunity to work double shifts as a busboy to help support myself.

guess it's all about the lenses that you look at life through

In grade school a 'snow day' was an opportunity for my brother and I to make some cash shoveling driveways and walkways in the neighborhood (after we helped shovel our dad's driveway so that he could go to work AND we shoveled out the fire hydrant)