Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Refrigerator Repair (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/refrigerator-repair-304242/)

villager 03-23-2020 11:34 AM

Refrigerator Repair

Can anyone recommend a good refrigerator repair person/company? I did a search and Beck's was the one that came highly recommended but one of the posts mentioned Mr. Beck died. I did try the phone number and it's been disconnected. So, I'm back to square one. Thanks for help!

jebartle 03-23-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villager (Post 1732208)
Can anyone recommend a good refrigerator repair person/company? I did a search and Beck's was the one that came highly recommended but one of the posts mentioned Mr. Beck died. I did try the phone number and it's been disconnected. So, I'm back to square one. Thanks for help!

352-216-8324. Jims village appliance

champion6 03-23-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

I have used Beck's Appliance Repair and love them. I just called 352-245-3598 and it was answered by them. Try again!

villagetinker 03-23-2020 12:59 PM

I have used Beck's since Mr. beck passed away, great service. As for your current problem, if this is the ice maker on a Whirlpool french door unit, I just fixed ours with the hairdryer, that was 3-4 months ago, still working great.

upstate 03-23-2020 01:11 PM

Beck’s

villager 03-23-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1732265)
I have used Beck's Appliance Repair and love them. I just called 352-245-3598 and it was answered by them. Try again!

Thanks for the phone number. I checked it with what I had and I must have copied it wrong. Yes, I did try again and left a message.

Annie66 03-24-2020 06:14 AM

Slightly off topic, but I've recently been experiencing a strange phenomenon with a less than 1-1/2 years old GE refrigerator. For the first 1-1/4 years, the temps in the upper frig section were rock solid at 35 deg F. The upper section is set at 35 deg F, and I have a thermometer in it to keep a check on it.

Of late, early in the morning with no one entering it for hours, the frig section reads 41 deg F. It hangs there throughout much of the day, although infrequently there are times it does read in the mid 30's for short periods of time. I put two additional thermometers in the frig, and they both read essentially the same as the first thermometer. We pulled the food away from the walls of the frig, and made sure the vents were not blocked. There appears to be no issue with the door seals. The ice maker makes "dry" ice cubes and the freezer section is holding steady at 0 deg F. I vacuumed the coils section, which weren't very dirty, so I do not think they are part of the issue.

I don't understand why the frig section is suddenly acting the way it is. Does anyone have a suggestion?

jaccik1 03-24-2020 06:15 AM

I just used them for my dishwasher. Great company.

mrf6969 03-24-2020 06:17 AM

Mr. Beck had a repairman named Dave. After Beck died Dave stayed on to keep the business doing for Mrs. Beck. Dave is a great appliance repairman. I have used him twice in the last 2 years. He is fair, honest and fixes the issue. Contact # is 352-795-4098

JTW 03-24-2020 07:11 AM

I have used Beck’s for 12 years....wouldn’t have anyone else....even after Rick died, the company has maintained it’s wonderful reputation!

mikeritz53 03-24-2020 07:50 AM

I use Norm's Appliance for all the Houses I manage 352-552-2389, he handles all Brands and gets there quick. Only fixes what needs to be done and does not Pad the Bill.

Joorn59 03-24-2020 08:04 AM

Refrigerator repair

Quote:

All About Appliances (352) 630-2202
Eric has repaired just about everything in my house.
Good work fair price

villagetinker 03-24-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie66 (Post 1732516)
Slightly off topic, but I've recently been experiencing a strange phenomenon with a less than 1-1/2 years old GE refrigerator. For the first 1-1/4 years, the temps in the upper frig section were rock solid at 35 deg F. The upper section is set at 35 deg F, and I have a thermometer in it to keep a check on it.

Of late, early in the morning with no one entering it for hours, the frig section reads 41 deg F. It hangs there throughout much of the day, although infrequently there are times it does read in the mid 30's for short periods of time. I put two additional thermometers in the frig, and they both read essentially the same as the first thermometer. We pulled the food away from the walls of the frig, and made sure the vents were not blocked. There appears to be no issue with the door seals. The ice maker makes "dry" ice cubes and the freezer section is holding steady at 0 deg F. I vacuumed the coils section, which weren't very dirty, so I do not think they are part of the issue.

I don't understand why the frig section is suddenly acting the way it is. Does anyone have a suggestion?

It sounds like something is interfering with the air flow to the upper section. Try a google search on this topic, include your model number. We had a leak from the freezer portion (Whirlpool) that ended up being a badly designed drain line. You have already done all of the items I would have suggested. Hope this helps.

Sunflower33 03-24-2020 08:19 AM

All about appliances. Small family owned and they are great

Blydeb@icloud.com 03-24-2020 08:46 AM

Do NOT use The Villages Appliance Repair! I fought almost a year for a refund and still do not have it!