Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   COVID Testing at Polo Fields on Tuesday, March 24th (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/covid-testing-polo-fields-tuesday-march-24th-304261/)

maddyharm4554@gmail.com 03-23-2020 04:03 PM

COVID Testing at Polo Fields on Tuesday, March 24th

If you do not have symptoms.....stay home and stay away from the testing site. There are people in TV who may need the limited number of tests more than you do.

biker1 03-23-2020 04:22 PM

My wife and I had the voluntary research (test used in Europe) asymptomatic test done today at the Polo Field. They are also doing FDA approved tests for those with symptoms. Signing up for the asymptomatic test is probably a good thing. If you are asymptomatic, consider signing up for the test. It only takes about 10 minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddyharm4554@gmail.com (Post 1732364)
If you do not have symptoms.....stay home and stay away from the testing site. There are people in TV who may need the limited number of tests more than you do.

wisbad1 03-23-2020 06:38 PM

if it's free forget it,

biker1 03-23-2020 06:43 PM

That was useful, thanks for your contribution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisbad1 (Post 1732432)
if it's free forget it,

twotogo 03-23-2020 10:25 PM

Why was this testing site opened to counties other than The Village's counties. Aren't the majority of us in the group of individuals most susceptible to Covid 19? It makes no sense to me and even brings in more individuals that could possibly be infected and then spread the virus even more. Who is responsible for making this decision?

OrangeBlossomBaby 03-23-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twotogo (Post 1732473)
Why was this testing site opened to counties other than The Village's counties. Aren't the majority of us in the group of individuals most susceptible to Covid 19? It makes no sense to me and even brings in more individuals that could possibly be infected and then spread the virus even more. Who is responsible for making this decision?

The Governor, in cooperation with the Villages Holding Company. They are jointly responsible for the decision.

Koapaka 03-23-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biker1 (Post 1732367)
My wife and I had the voluntary research (test used in Europe) asymptomatic test done today at the Polo Field. They are also doing FDA approved tests for those with symptoms. Signing up for the asymptomatic test is probably a good thing. If you are asymptomatic, consider signing up for the test. It only takes about 10 minutes.

BINGO!!!
The test you guys that are test subjects are getting have YET to be approved by the FDA, but have much faster processing times! Those with symptoms are ONLY getting the FDA approved tests! They are making every effort to statically prove that these new tests are ACCURATE within a range NONE of use understands but is considered tolerable by the FDA to PUSH these new, faster, tests forward for the BEST of all of us!

biker1 03-23-2020 11:39 PM

I believe the point of the research tests is to look at why some people who test positive are asymptomatic. Some percentage of the people who participated will be asked to also give a blood sample. They are using the non-FDA approved test because they have a lot of them and less of the FDA approved test (which are being used for symptomatic people). They will report the result of the test in 72 hours. It isn't clear to me that this was the same test that is suppose to produce results in 45 minutes. At least this is what they told me at the testing facility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koapaka (Post 1732486)
BINGO!!!
The test you guys that are test subjects are getting have YET to be approved by the FDA, but have much faster processing times! Those with symptoms are ONLY getting the FDA approved tests! They are making every effort to statically prove that these new tests are ACCURATE within a range NONE of use understands but is considered tolerable by the FDA to PUSH these new, faster, tests forward for the BEST of all of us!

Koapaka 03-23-2020 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biker1 (Post 1732488)
I believe the point of the research tests is to look at why some people who test positive are asymptomatic. Some percentage of the people who participated will be asked to also give a blood sample. They are using the non-FDA approved test because they have a lot of them and less of the FDA approved test (which are being used for symptomatic people). They will report the result of the test in 72 hours. It isn't clear to me that this was the same test that is suppose to produce results in 45 minutes. At least this is what they told me at the testing facility.

This is a "no holds barred" case of "beating the clock"....trust me on this, the data that they are getting from this type of info is being processed as quickly as possible.

THANK you for assisting!

biker1 03-23-2020 11:59 PM

I am not sure I see what point you are trying to make.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koapaka (Post 1732490)
This is a "no holds barred" case of "beating the clock"....trust me on this, the data that they are getting from this type of info is being processed as quickly as possible.

THANK you for assisting!

Aloha1 03-24-2020 07:03 AM

So you would deny access to anyone but a Village resident? FYI, the Villages is only providing the site. The State and UF Health are the ones administering it. It's a good thing.

sam&rog 03-24-2020 07:09 AM

Its all about me

Quote:

Originally Posted by biker1 (Post 1732367)

Daily Sun said 300 entitled villagers showed up for unneeded tests. At 300 times 4 days that's 1200 test kits that could be used where they are really needed.
They should be ashamed but are probably not.

Eg_cruz 03-24-2020 07:24 AM

They stated you have to have doctor note to get tested.......

biker1 03-24-2020 07:36 AM

And exactly where else are the non-FDA approved tests really needed? Be specific. Those "entitled" Villagers, of which I was one, took time out of their day to volunteer to help them with their research. Try to pay attention in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam&rog (Post 1732562)
Daily Sun said 300 entitled villagers showed up for unneeded tests. At 300 times 4 days that's 1200 test kits that could be used where they are really needed.
They should be ashamed but are probably not.

rmd2 03-24-2020 08:26 AM

Are those the WHO tests that had a 50% false positive result?