Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Disposable Seniors (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/disposable-seniors-304297/)

rustyp 03-24-2020 11:55 AM

Disposable Seniors

Texas Lt. Gov. suggests the elderly should risk their lives to save the economy.

I hope this episode of the old program The Dinosaurs find its way to him. What's next - end of life bill ?

Enjoy - resolution gets slightly better a few minutes in.

Dinosaurs Season 1 Episode 3 - YouTube

ColdNoMore 03-24-2020 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1732780)
Texas Lt. Gov. suggests the elderly should risk their lives to save the economy.

I hope this episode of the old program The Dinosaurs find its way to him. What's next - end of life bill ?

We are thinking along the same lines. :thumbup:

The Rise of Gen-Xer's/Millennial's (Poke Here)

rustyp 03-24-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1732784)
We are thinking along the same lines. :thumbup:

The Rise of Gen-Xer's/Millennial's (Poke Here)

Your too kind. Having a defined end of life age is much more effective than let the old goats fend for themselves. If all seniors get thrown into the tar pit at 72 years old it solves Medicare, Social Security, Global Warming (less people less pollution) and underfunded pensions.

I just seen on the boob tube hurling season starts on Easter Sunday.

tophcfa 03-24-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1732832)
Your too kind. Having a defined end of life age is much more effective than let the old goats fend for themselves. If all seniors get thrown into the tar pit at 72 years old it solves Medicare, Social Security, Global Warming (less people less pollution) and underfunded pensions.

Kind of a scary thought for us old folks, but true.

ColdNoMore 03-24-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1732832)

Wild In The Streets (y'all really need to click here)

Velvet 03-24-2020 01:35 PM

Glad to hear that the Texas Lt gov is happy to sacrifice himself for the economy, but I still think that the measure of a civilization is how they treat their vulnerable.

Dana1963 03-24-2020 02:22 PM

sacrifice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1732840)
Glad to hear that the Texas Lt gov is happy to sacrifice himself for the economy, but I still think that the measure of a civilization is how they treat their vulnerable.

Gov Abbot is already in a wheel chair he's expendable!

Two Bills 03-24-2020 02:41 PM

Now I understand why a lot of oldies have been stockpiling ammunition!

rustyp 03-24-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana1963 (Post 1732869)
Gov Abbot is already in a wheel chair he's expendable!

Actually it was Lt Gov Dan Patrick that made the comment.

Number 10 GI 03-24-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Do you have a source for this?

rustyp 03-24-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 GI (Post 1732950)
Do you have a source for this?

I seen it today on yahoo news. It has been all over the national news tonight.

Villageswimmer 03-24-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1732876)
Actually it was Lt Gov Dan Patrick that made the comment.

More than a comment.
Google: Dan Patrick Texas

TexaninVA 03-24-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

First of all, as a senior myself, I'm not particularly enthusiastic about this approach. :pray:

On the other hand, I think I read where Italy is already doing this.

On the battlefield, we'd call this triage.

LarryParnelli@gmail.com 03-25-2020 06:29 AM

Soilent Green

Quote:

Charleston Heston knew.

Heyitsrick 03-25-2020 06:38 AM

I take the Lt. Governor's larger point - if we destroy the American economy in the name of trying to protect everyone from this virus over an unlimited time frame, it will be the epitome of a Pyrrhic victory. He's right about that, and clear-thinking individuals know he's right about that.

Now, people can poke fun or cast aspersions toward him for some false notion that he's saying "kill off the old people!", but we cannot have an economy collapse in this nation over this. If this isolation phase goes on for months, it's going to be disastrous for the country.

I'd love to hear the pollyannish commentary about what that would actually look like and be like post-virus, were this current scenario to go on for months. I'd love to hear how that sets up younger generations to thrive.

But go ahead, make the jokes. Just wondering, though...who do you think desperate young folks are going to come to when they don't have a job or a realistic chance at wealth building? I'm going to venture a guess that they will come to those they see who have things they don't. Mirror, anyone?