Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Pickleball @Burnsed " Corona Virus " (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/pickleball-burnsed-corona-virus-304298/)

600th Photo Sq 03-24-2020 12:06 PM

Pickleball @Burnsed " Corona Virus "

It has been reported by the Villages Pickleball Club that an individual ( Male ) who played at Burnsed last Mon/Tues 03/16/17, has been tested positive for Corona Virus.

Also they claim he wore gloves.

roob1 03-24-2020 12:22 PM

Please show a link to the source, to provide evidence this is not hearsay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1732786)
It has been reported by the Villages Pickleball Club that an individual ( Male ) who played at Burnsed last Mon/Tues 03/16/17, has been tested positive for Corona Virus.

champion6 03-24-2020 12:28 PM

I'm not surprised.

There is a thread on TOTV titled, "Spring breakers got it !!!!" I think this thread ought to be titled, "Pickleballers got it."

To me, the gloves were meaningless. He was expelling the virus from his mouth via his saliva as he exerted himslef while playing the game.

God help his fellow players and friends.

600th Photo Sq 03-24-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roob1 (Post 1732802)
Please show a link to the source, to provide evidence this is not hearsay.

I suggest you contact the Villages Pickleball Club direct. They sent out an Email to all of it's members.

CFrance 03-24-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1732809)
I suggest you contact the Villages Pickleball Club direct. They sent out an Email to all of it's members.

They have a web site, but it's very minimal. They don't give a phone number, and their "contact" link doesn't work.

If you still have the email, it would be helpful if you could copy and post the pertinent part. Or supply a phone number or email address.

npwalters 03-24-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1732786)

I receive Email from that club and check the Facebook page and web site regularly. I have seen so such Email. Perhaps I just missed it but my guess is this is just a rumor.

roob1 03-24-2020 06:02 PM

Maybe you can copy/paste the email you received?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1732809)

Topspinmo 03-24-2020 06:31 PM

So when you go to store or gas station how many do you think are infected and needing supplies? Nobody can last 14 days in their house that’s been exposed. The problem anywhere down around 466A overcrowded.

Marathon Man 03-24-2020 07:15 PM

I received no email stating this.

600th Photo Sq 03-24-2020 07:48 PM

Look I posted my comments as FYI nothing more. I received an email from the President of the Pickleball Club to " All Current Members " all I am is just trying to be helpful .

You want to believe it or not … up to you however this is not a rumor. As you will find out.

It was a couple who returned from a cruise .

And please forget the eventual to me " I'm Sorry " . I didn't realize etc. For those who got up in this I feel really bad for you.

For the person who played ? Totally Irresponsible. The person in question is a rated 4.5 player .

I have said enough. I posted this as a FYI, honestly I'm not surprised at the reactions.

PS: I do not and have never played @ Burnsed.

Talk to the Pickleball President, and again forget the apologizes when he confirms what I said. !!

cbv0211 03-24-2020 08:34 PM

It's not a rumor. Pickleball players who came in contact with the individual at Burnsed have been notified. The date of the email from The Pickleball Club is March 23.

kenpoboy 03-25-2020 04:57 AM

Relax

It’s not cancer......how many people do you know that had it and died? We can’t all stay in our houses. Paranoia leads to panic which leads to greater issues than the flu. Please.....just stop the insanity!

msilagy 03-25-2020 05:41 AM

Learn how to cut and past - then you can prove your source - however I am not doubting it!

George Page 03-25-2020 05:44 AM

Be accountable for you actions

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenpoboy (Post 1733039)
It’s not cancer......how many people do you know that had it and died? We can’t all stay in our houses. Paranoia leads to panic which leads to greater issues than the flu. Please.....just stop the insanity!

There is no excuse for socially irresponsible behavior.

justjim 03-25-2020 05:47 AM

Dying

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenpoboy (Post 1733039)

OP, just reported what he knew. Better we know than we hide our heads in the sand. Why kill the messenger? :boxing2: Prayers for any person that contracts this virus.