Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   NOT so friendly Villager (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/not-so-friendly-villager-304354/)

coffeebean 03-25-2020 03:57 PM

NOT so friendly Villager

Well, maybe he wasn't a Villager but this is what happened yesterday. I was on line waiting to go into Colony Publix. When the doors opened, everyone sort of congregated together to get in but I stayed way back waiting for everyone to file in before me. I just feel it safer that way so not to be so close to people. As I was off to the side waiting for the line to disperse, some guy, wearing a mask walked right into the crowd of people, pushed someone aside and went right through the doors.

I stood there with my mouth open and could not believe what I had just seen. Other folks that he skipped ahead of were also standing there looking bewildered. Was he a Villager from Florida's Friendliest home town? I surely hope not.

BS Beef 03-25-2020 04:03 PM

I just don’t understand some people. Sad to see how some folks can be so unhappy in their own lives. Glad I don’t have to go thru life like that little person.

TexaninVA 03-25-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1733535)
Well, maybe he wasn't a Villager but this is what happened yesterday. I was on line waiting to go into Colony Publix. When the doors opened, everyone sort of congregated together to get in but I stayed way back waiting for everyone to file in before me. I just feel it safer that way so not to be so close to people. As I was off to the side waiting for the line to disperse, some guy, wearing a mask walked right into the crowd of people, pushed someone aside and went right through the doors.

I stood there with my mouth open and could not believe what I had just seen. Other folks that he skipped ahead of were also standing there looking bewildered. Was he a Villager from Florida's Friendliest home town? I surely hope not.

That's how fights start and civil unrest can develop. He was either selfish or panicked ... or both.

villagetinker 03-25-2020 04:52 PM

I was at Winn Dixie this morning, everyone filed in single file, very pleasant experience, the only problem, they only got 27 packages of toilet paper, the manager was handing these out at the door on the way in.....no pushing or shoving that I saw.

Yung Dum 03-25-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Who was that masked man? Hi Yo Silver!

CFrance 03-25-2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1733571)
I was at Winn Dixie this morning, everyone filed in single file, very pleasant experience, the only problem, they only got 27 packages of toilet paper, the manager was handing these out at the door on the way in.....no pushing or shoving that I saw.

And I wonder if Colony had a manager posted at the door when they opened up. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to have a "show of force," so to speak. Might make people behave better.

My personal opinion is that the seniors-only hour doesn't work too well in a population of 120,000+ seniors. We have gone at later hours and also used home delivery of groceries.

Currently have four rolls of paper towels and a pack of 12 tp to add to the 8 rolls we already had. I think (hope) we're set. We also have washable cloths for mopping up kitchen spills, etc.

I am counting the sheets of tp though!

Nucky 03-25-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1733654)
And I wonder if Colony had a manager posted at the door when they opened up. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to have a "show of force," so to speak. Might make people behave better.

My personal opinion is that the seniors-only hour doesn't work too well in a population of 120,000+ seniors. We have gone at later hours and also used home delivery of groceries.

Currently have four rolls of paper towels and a pack of 12 tp to add to the 8 rolls we already had. I think (hope) we're set. We also have washable cloths for mopping up kitchen spills, etc.

I am counting the sheets of tp though!

Very funny Elaine! The Stall - I Don't Have a Square to Spare - YouTube :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

CFrance 03-25-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1733657)
Very funny Elaine! The Stall - I Don't Have a Square to Spare - YouTube :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Hilarious!

TommyT 03-25-2020 08:27 PM

Seen Pushy People before here !!!

I've seen pushy and rude people here. Doesn't surprise me this happened.... I just say to myself, "Welcome to the Villages." :duck:

John_W 03-25-2020 10:06 PM

Was it all women in line? I had a guy try that at Miller's Ale House back in January. There was line waiting to give their name to the hostess and this jerk walks up in front and said, "party of 2". I did my best "Dustin Hoffman" Hey, there's line here. He said, sorry and backed off.

billethkid 03-25-2020 10:07 PM

Why should the minority (not race) get such validation as being representative of TV.

They are not....just ask any of us in the other 98.976483%

EdFNJ 03-25-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1733571)

Now that is a great idea except I wonder how many of those 27 people were going just for a pound of tomatoes and a quart of milk? :1rotfl:

Did you see the email from FMK (Blue Fin and more) restaurant group? 1 free roll of TP with every delivery order. Now THAT was cleaver.

coffeebean 03-26-2020 04:19 AM

///

Debfrommaine 03-26-2020 04:36 AM

Quote:

People are being greedy everywhere, not just The Villages. We're hearing all types of stories about human nature given the state of things. Guaranteed this man acted the same wherever he came from before, personalities don't change.

mydavid 03-26-2020 06:22 AM

Hear we go again with the toilet paper