Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Championship Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/)
-   -   Golfing at Nancy Lopez Erinn Glenn (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/golfing-nancy-lopez-erinn-glenn-304375/)

wsachs 03-26-2020 07:23 AM

Golfing at Nancy Lopez Erinn Glenn

I was golfing yesterday with 5 other friends at Lopez (Torri Pines and Erinn Glenn) and after finishing Torri Pines we went to Erinn Glenn. After hitting our tee shots we looked at the green? from the fairway. It was yellow. Looked like all the grass had died. We finished the hole and went to the 2nd, a par three. You could see from the tee box it was yellow. One of the group called the clubhouse and asked what was up. He was told they are shutting down Erinn Glenn in a week or so and the sprayed to kill the grass before that. Of course the orange greens hadn't been cut, maintained. Four of the six went back to get a raincheck. I live in Hemingway and didn't drive my cart 12 miles just to go back home.
I voiced my complaint to someone in charge of the course in the clubhouse. I think it should have been explained to all of us what was going on and what to expect before we paid. No mention of yellow dead grass. The Erinn Glenn starter said nothing when we showed up to play. No offer to reduce the price. Won't be going back to play that course.

Topspinmo 03-26-2020 08:00 AM

Yellow grass is not dead, brown grass is dead. :icon_wink:

Bogie Shooter 03-26-2020 08:42 AM

Won't be going back to play that course.

This is a bold statement...……………...

bagboy 03-26-2020 09:57 AM

Just think of all the people who died yesterday from the Corona virus. They would love to be putting on yellow greens today.:ohdear:

stan the man 03-26-2020 06:03 PM

I really did not think it mattered...I am used to playing.sub par courses.. I live in the villages

kaydee 03-26-2020 10:48 PM

We played Erin Glenn yesterday. Yes yellow putting surface..the starter described & explained what we would see. Our 4 some found no problem with the putting surface. Did not alter our scores. JMO

sdeikenberry 03-27-2020 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1733847)
Yellow grass is not dead, brown grass is dead. :icon_wink:

Actually yellow grass is dead...or at least dying. It's lost it's chlorophyll. I asked last week about Erin and was told the same thing...they sprayed it with roundup in advance of closing on April 1.

Two Bills 03-27-2020 08:36 AM

.....and now they are arguing the color of dead/dying grass!
Love it!!! :1rotfl:

Funkman 03-27-2020 03:49 PM

It was amber and mortally wounded when I played it.

wsachs 03-28-2020 08:08 AM

Glad you were told what to expect. Neither the people in the clubhouse or the starter at Erinn Glenn say anything.

Dabull111 03-28-2020 08:30 AM

If you want to play a fantastic golf course, go play Baseline in Belleview. You can play 9 holes for $17. Including cart. This course is better then any in the Villages Absolutely emaculate.

tophcfa 03-28-2020 09:39 AM

They closed Ashley and replaced the greens two summers ago and did the same with Tori last summer. Same great greens as Tierra Del Sol. I believe Erin will be closed for renovations and new greens this summer. Lopez is a fun and enjoyable course. Agree that you should have been informed about the conditions at Erin, but you wouldn’t be doing yourself a favor by boycotting Lopez in the future.

jarodrig 03-28-2020 06:58 PM

I can't believe all of the whining that goes on here in The Villages !!!!! On the other hand , yes, I can believe it !!!

DeafDeaf 03-29-2020 11:55 AM

Why cannot they spray green on yellow or brown greens?

jedalton 03-30-2020 05:36 AM

we paid $25 with coupon, great course

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabull111 (Post 1735117)
If you want to play a fantastic golf course, go play Baseline in Belleview. You can play 9 holes Thursday for $17. Including cart. This course is better then any in the Villages Absolutely emaculate.

we paid $25 with coupon, great course. coupon in Wed paper