Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Postal Box Stations proximity (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/postal-box-stations-proximity-304383/)

jackandbeth 03-26-2020 08:50 AM

Postal Box Stations proximity

I have always had a problem with us having to go get our mail at these postal box stations when the rest of the country gets their mail delivered directly to their homes. This is especially difficult for people with disabilities. And now, when we are supposed to keep our distance from others, we are are made to plow in together at these little boxes. There is no way you can keep 6-10 feet apart.
I usually keep coming back until there are less people around and hope no one comes near me. People seem to forget this protocol when getting their mail.
Please stay back until someone near your box is finished and gone.
THANKS

Bogie Shooter 03-26-2020 08:54 AM

Consider waiting until others leave...…………..problem solved.

coffeebean 03-26-2020 09:01 AM

We go to the mail center at off times. I can count on one hand the amount of people I have seen at the mail center in the past month. We decided very early on the mail can wait. No need to have to deal with lots of auto and cart traffic in that small lot.

champion6 03-26-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1733925)
We go to the mail center at off times. I can count on one hand the amount of people I have seen at the mail center in the past month. We decided very early on the mail can wait. No need to have to deal with lots of auto and cart traffic in that small lot.

:agree:
OP, please follow this advice!

OrangeBlossomBaby 03-26-2020 09:07 AM

We don't really seem to have that problem here at the Paradise mail station. Once in awhile a couple of friends will hang out near their golf cart, or under the vestibule by the restrooms, or someone will stand there by the trash receptacle going through their own mail (which they could easily do at home but hey free trash bin, I guess?), thereby making it impossible for anyone else to discard something without getting close to that person.

But for the most part, it's just not even a thing.

Number 10 GI 03-26-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackandbeth (Post 1733914)
I have always had a problem with us having to go get our mail at these postal box stations when the rest of the country gets their mail delivered directly to their homes. This is especially difficult for people with disabilities. And now, when we are supposed to keep our distance from others, we are are made to plow in together at these little boxes. There is no way you can keep 6-10 feet apart.
I usually keep coming back until there are less people around and hope no one comes near me. People seem to forget this protocol when getting their mail.
Please stay back until someone near your box is finished and gone.
THANKS

There are a lot of places where there is no mail delivered to the home and people have to go to postal box stations.

billethkid 03-26-2020 10:31 AM

...... a problem so very easy to solve!!
No cost...no bother...

asianthree 03-26-2020 11:11 AM

If you avoid the “OMG the mail is here I must get immediately group” there are very few at the station

JoMar 03-26-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1734037)
If you avoid the “OMG the mail is here I must get immediately group” there are very few at the station

Agree....many times we will go the morning after or after dinner and then maybe three times a week. We also have the Postal App that lets us see the mail that's in box but we only use that if we are expecting something really important....think that happened once last year :)

Rapscallion St Croix 03-26-2020 05:01 PM

The next big stampede at the postal stations will be when someone posts on this forum that they received their stimulus check.

Fredman 03-26-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1734176)
The next big stampede at the postal stations will be when someone posts on this forum that they received their stimulus check.

You got that right

Marvic 1 03-26-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Another post right on target! :thumbup:

asianthree 03-26-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Cause they don’t pay attention that it is a direct deposit

Jima64 03-26-2020 08:14 PM

what is so important about junk mail anyway.

Mleeja 03-26-2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1734224)
Cause they don’t pay attention that it is a direct deposit

First, I agree, you just said it first. You only give bank information if you are getting a refund and want it direct deposited. I don’t think this information is required if you need to pay taxes.