Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Morse Family " Silence " (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/morse-family-silence-304410/)

600th Photo Sq 03-26-2020 06:59 PM

Morse Family " Silence "

You would think that Mark Morse and his Sister would step up and help the small business's here in " The Villages ".

They the Morse Empire have enormous wealth and surely they could at the very least voice optimism, perhaps forgive a month or two lease payments.

But at the moment silence other than their ongoing projects.

I find it really odd that they appear to be ignoring the very needs of business's who obviously need help.

They are in need of your help. Especially the very employees that they rely on to keep them going.

Look Mr. Mark Morse and Ms. Jennifer Parr I am asking you as a resident here consider some kind of help wherever that you think is needed.

Thank You.

PS: My wife & I love it here and love everything that you all do.:)

anothersteve 03-26-2020 07:10 PM

How do you know what or what not they are doing?
Steve

dewilson58 03-26-2020 07:25 PM

I wonder how many, if any, real estate developers, REIT's, etc., are waiving rent.

The Government's loan program is focused on assisting rent payments if needed.

eyc234 03-26-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1734207)
How do you know what or what not they are doing?
Steve

:bigbow::boom::a040::boxing2: So we should tell everyone about what we do!!!! It is statements like this that do nothing but divide people.:boxing2::boxing2:

DianeM 03-26-2020 07:52 PM

So… Would the developers where you came from be doing what you expect the Morse’s to do? The senate just approved an aid package last night.

Mleeja 03-26-2020 08:46 PM

Back in my department head days, I would give the folks who worked in the department a hand-shake, pat on the back, or a sincere “thank you”. I didn’t need to go around broadcasting my actions. That made it look like it was all about me. Maybe that is what the are Morse’s doing...helping the merchants without the need to broadcast it.

Nucky 03-26-2020 08:48 PM

It's none of our Business is it? Unless you rent from them. Maybe they are taking stock of whats going on and coming to a conclusion. Maybe they have done something already.

Do you think they want to loose the tenants they have compiled? I think not.

Usually the people who want to spend other peoples money seem to have Alligator Arms when the check shows up. They can reach someone else's wallet but not their own.

vintageogauge 03-26-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mleeja (Post 1734243)
Back in my department head days, I would give the folks who worked in the department a hand-shake, pat on the back, or a sincere “thank you”. I didn’t need to go around broadcasting my actions. That made it look like it was all about me. Maybe that is what the are Morse’s doing...helping the merchants without the need to broadcast it.

exactly.

vintageogauge 03-26-2020 09:58 PM

why do people pick on the Morse family? I don't know them, I don't care to know them, I don't care what they have or don't have, this is a great place they developed, just leave it at that.

OrangeBlossomBaby 03-26-2020 10:00 PM

It would be awesome if the Morse family offers a month or two of rent waivers to all the businesses who rent on their properties. It'd also be awesome if the county waives my property tax this year. It'd be terrific if my boss gave me the rest of the month and all next month off with full pay.

Does this mean I expect any of these entities to comply? Nope. Do I feel they should be obligated to comply? Nope. Should I be upset if they don't comply? Nope.

But sure - it'd be great if they did it anyway.

njbchbum 03-26-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1734202)
You would think that Mark Morse and his Sister would step up and help the small business's here in " The Villages ".

They the Morse Empire have enormous wealth and surely they could at the very least voice optimism, perhaps forgive a month or two lease payments.

I find it really odd that they appear to be ignoring the very needs of business's who obviously need help.

They are in need of your help. Especially the very employees that they rely on to keep them going.

Look Mr. Mark Morse and Ms. Jennifer Parr I am asking you as a resident here consider some kind of help wherever that you think is needed.

Thank You.

Are you compiling a list of who is doing what and how much?

stan the man 03-26-2020 11:32 PM

I hope I don't run out of kool-aid...

CWGUY 03-27-2020 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbchbum (Post 1734259)
Are you compiling a list of who is doing what and how much?

:rolleyes:I am!
Number 1 on my list is ...... (who)Haters. (what are they doing) Hating. (how much) Every chance they get!
Nothing we say will ever change them. :ho:

jswirs 03-27-2020 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1734277)
:rolleyes:I am!
Number 1 on my list is ...... (who)Haters. (what are they doing) Hating. (how much) Every chance they get!
Nothing we say will ever change them. :ho:

And I would add to my list: complainers, whiners, hoarders, etc. As someone else on social networking said, "We were all born, we will all die, the life we live in between is our choice".

Maryland04 03-27-2020 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1734202)

Thank You.

How do you know that they are not?