Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Locked out (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/locked-out-304452/)

Guy&Connie1103 03-27-2020 01:28 PM

Locked out

The adult pools are closed indefinitely. I suppose chlorinated water and sunshine are bad for you.

Please explain why Pickle Ball courts are still open. Large groups of people gathered around talking waiting for a court. Not to mention the players handling a sweating ball being handled by multiple players.

The Villages should be consistent and close CONTACT SPORTS. There is no contact in the adult pools.
Who makes up these rules?

retiredguy123 03-27-2020 01:32 PM

I think the problem is that the rec centers are closed. The people who work in the rec center are also in charge of monitoring the pools, and testing the water. Apparently, there is no need to monitor the pickle ball courts.

champion6 03-27-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy&Connie1103 (Post 1734650)
The adult pools are closed indefinitely. I suppose chlorinated water and sunshine are bad for you.

Please explain why Pickle Ball courts are still open. Large groups of people gathered around talking waiting for a court. Not to mention the players handling a sweating ball being handled by multiple players.

The Villages should be consistent and close CONTACT SPORTS. There is no contact in the adult pools.

The Villages Recreation and Parks
They are available to answer all your questions.

CFrance 03-27-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Where did you see that? There's a limit of ten per court. Signs are on the court doors. Perhaps if you report it to the rec Dept they will take a count and possibly close the courts.

xcaligirl 03-27-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

I totally agree! No 6' distancing at the PB courts

village dreamer 03-27-2020 03:00 PM

pools are close because of people setting and touching chairs and table.

golfing eagles 03-27-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1734696)
Where did you see that? There's a limit of ten per court. Signs are on the court doors. Perhaps if you report it to the rec Dept they will take a count and possibly close the courts.

Yep, that ought to endear you to thousands of pickleball players (of which I am NOT one). If you're not playing either, what is your problem?

coffeebean 03-27-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1734704)
Yep, that ought to endear you to thousands of pickleball players (of which I am NOT one). If you're not playing either, what is your problem?

i don't play pickle ball either but I do have a problem with having to go grocery shopping with the same people that are playing Pickle Ball. If it is true that Pickle Ball players congregate as they are waiting to go on the court and are not following the guidelines for social distancing, that is the problem. If they are touching the same ball as they play, I just hope they do follow guidelines to wash their hands after they play.

golfing eagles 03-27-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1734727)
i don't play pickle ball either but I do have a problem with having to go grocery shopping with the same people that are playing Pickle Ball. If it is true that Pickle Ball players congregate as they are waiting to go on the court and are not following the guidelines for social distancing, that is the problem. If they are touching the same ball as they play, I just hope they do follow guidelines to wash their hands after they play.

That's fair. But in that case they should revoke the playing privileges of the offenders, not everybody

charmed59 03-27-2020 03:49 PM

I play tennis on courts near the pickle ball folks, and I must say, I’m pretty impressed with how safe they are. No mingling, no lines, they bring their own balls, often in what looks like a vat of disinfectant. Obviously they are six feet apart or they would hit each other when they swing. I’m not sure what it would look like playing pickle ball as a contact sport, but that is definitely not what I’m seeing out there.

rz5drf 03-28-2020 04:52 AM

We don’t have chlorinated pools.

golfing eagles 03-28-2020 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rz5drf (Post 1734889)
We don’t have chlorinated pools.

Really?? Why aren't they green? I haven't seen anyone dumping Bacquacil in them.

What do they use???

Deebee007 03-28-2020 05:21 AM

Please report to on FB to covid 19 police/TV

Oneiric 03-28-2020 05:38 AM

The virus is killed by dryness, heat, and ultraviolet light. Players use wipes on their hands, paddles, and ball after every game. They do not touch other players or their faces with their hands. The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne.

Thirr 03-28-2020 05:53 AM

Bromine. Here is a quick definition of the difference. The chemical “Bromine” is very similar to chlorine in the way that it kills bacteria and harmful contaminants, but the two chemicals react in different ways in the swimming pool water. Bromine is most commonly used to sanitize spas/hot tubs because it is more stable than chlorine in the warmer temperatures.