Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Bad set up for customers at Piesanos Pizza on Friday. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/bad-set-up-customers-piesanos-pizza-friday-304498/)

LoganW 03-28-2020 11:59 AM

Bad set up for customers at Piesanos Pizza on Friday.

Called order in before 5Pm. Was told it would be ready in about 45 minutes. Arrived there about 40 minutes later to find a line that was unbelievably long. Was told to go to the back of the line and wait. Well we received our glueten free pizza at 6:40PM and it was cold. Not a good first time customer experience. People who paid on line went in front of us just don't understand why the person who took the telephone order didn't mention that they preferred on line orders. My pizza was probably ready after 45 minutes but I had to wait in that long line even though I was told it would be ready. Very unhappy experience.

Marathon Man 03-28-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoganW (Post 1735346)
Called order in before 5Pm. Was told it would be ready in about 45 minutes. Arrived there about 40 minutes later to find a line that was unbelievably long. Was told to go to the back of the line and wait. Well we received our glueten free pizza at 6:40PM and it was cold. Not a good first time customer experience. People who paid on line went in front of us just don't understand why the person who took the telephone order didn't mention that they preferred on line orders. My pizza was probably ready after 45 minutes but I had to wait in that long line even though I was told it would be ready. Very unhappy experience.

Gee. That's a shame. How's your health in these serious times?

retiredguy123 03-28-2020 12:38 PM

Wow! When I saw the line, I think I would have gone to Publix and bought a frozen pizza.

bagboy 03-28-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1735356)
Gee. That's a shame. How's your health in these serious times?

:coolsmiley: point well taken.

Love2Swim 03-28-2020 02:30 PM

We ordered and paid online. Quicker and easier, plus you don't have to handle money or contaminated pens for signing receipts. It is understandably very busy though, and you need to plan on getting there early and waiting in line like everyone else.

DianeM 03-28-2020 02:33 PM

Could have also been super busy because it’s still Lent so no meat on fridays.

John_W 03-28-2020 03:12 PM

Jersey Mike's at Trailwinds was a bit backed up yesterday. I went in about 11:30 and no one was in line but about 15 people were waiting while trying to stay apart. I ordered as usual and and had it Mike's Way and I was out the door with my sub within 5 minutes. However, the people waiting around for subs who apparently called in their order for pick up, were still there when I left, maybe 1 or 2 had gotten their sub. So if you want a Jersey Mike's sub, just go and order as usual, don't call it in over the phone.

davem4616 03-29-2020 06:04 AM

life for many of these restaurants turned into the reality show "Survival" overnight....what they knew worked for them came to an abrupt stop

unless their business model was initially designed for primarily takeout, they're scrambling big time to figure out how to do this the most efficient way....when there's no path to follow you become a trail blazer and it takes a little time figure it out

yet the folks that don't like to cook are still looking to be fed and are used to being immediately seated and served

nothing is more frustrating to a service person than to be working their tail off and still seeing unhappy or frustrated customers

The world has changed...we're in a new normal that is going to last for awhile to come. We all need to adapt.

woderfulwendy1 03-29-2020 06:15 AM

Quote:

Make your own food or expect unexpected issues. They as the rest of us are figuring out how to handle new situations. During this pandemic. Lighten up!

Brwne 03-29-2020 06:23 AM

Order and pick up process working better

Piesanos curbside worked well for us last night.

We ordered online and was very impressed with the ability to tailor each order with "optional" components. System said 45 min. and we arrived about 10 min. early. We sat curbside, in a golf cart, and were easily 15 feet from anybody. Checked at the 45 min. mark and was given a copy of my online payment with a number. 10 min. later my number was called and I got my piping hot order.

Our experience, the first with curbside purchasing, was good and we're grateful our restaurants are working hard so we don't have to work in our own kitchen!

carolkowalski52 03-29-2020 07:04 AM

I placed an on-line order at 4:30 with Olive Garden, arrived at 5 and no line, someone brought out my order to my car within 1 minute. Very happy customer.

Eg_cruz 03-29-2020 07:28 AM

Do the same

dewilson58 03-29-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Was there only one pickle on your pizza??

stan the man 03-29-2020 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1735826)
Was there only one pickle on your pizza??

Was that a funny

NotGolfer 03-29-2020 07:36 AM

I would never want to work in the service industry....especially here with so many diverse people who want what they want, when they want it. Our kids both worked in it and had stories to tell. These are stressful times for sure. Having a bit of patience for the workers would be nice since ALL of this affects them as well. We did curb-side carry-out last night from Flippers. Called in the order and there was a tiny bit of a wait once we got there but manageable. NO line but people in and out. BUT we did have a gluten-free on the order...not sure if that made a difference or not. Would go back!! Tasty pizza!!

Think of the business owners and their staff, running their tails off I'm sure. They're also worried about finances, family and whether they will remain well through these troubling times.