Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Looking for current handyman recommendations (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/looking-current-handyman-recommendations-304506/)

queasy27 03-28-2020 02:58 PM

Looking for current handyman recommendations

I have some extremely minor tasks, such as changing lightbulbs, smoke alarm batteries, switchplates, etc. I'm not able to climb a ladder and tremors make fine motor tasks such as using a screwdriver a bit difficult.

I'd prefer not to call large/franchise handyman companies for these types of things. Any recommendations for a nice retired Villager?

Thanks!

Nucky 03-28-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queasy27 (Post 1735439)
I have some extremely minor tasks, such as changing lightbulbs, smoke alarm batteries, switchplates, etc. I'm not able to climb a ladder and tremors make fine motor tasks such as using a screwdriver a bit difficult.

I'd prefer not to call large/franchise handyman companies for these types of things. Any recommendations for a nice retired Villager?

Thanks!

I would help you myself except for the social distancing thing. Way more important than those items you mentioned I would think.

I just bought a Honeywell Smoke Detector/Carbon Monoxide Alarm with a 10 year non replaceable battery. Pm me and we'll work out something for the smoke detector but I would wait on the other stuff. I'll drop it off on your porch with the package open ready to go you will just have to prop it up the best you can and have it installed properly once we're in the clear of the virus. :)

queasy27 03-28-2020 03:41 PM

That's very kind and thoughtful of you, as always, Nucky. You're such a peach. :icon_wink:

I'm getting my house ready for sale and feel comfortable with plumbers, carpet layers, and other workers being inside as long as they're willing to wear the gloves and masks I give them and maintain a safe distance.

retiredguy123 05-09-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queasy27 (Post 1735439)

Thanks!

Earl Klinker, 321-917-8601. He is retired and doing home watch services for a neighbor. He advertises for small jobs and his card says, "no job too small". He even does light landscaping work.