Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Chatters Talk: Happy or Sad (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/chatters-talk-happy-sad-117/)
-   -   I Love TOTV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/chatters-talk-happy-sad-117/i-love-totv-30451/)

K9-Lovers 07-19-2010 09:37 PM

I Love TOTV

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading all of your posts. TOTV has such an intelligent group of people sharing opinions, ideas, and humor. Thanks to all of you and Admin for letting me participate!

:D

kfierle 07-20-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9-Lovers (Post 277075)
Just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading all of your posts. TOTV has such an intelligent group of people sharing opinions, ideas, and humor. Thanks to all of you and Admin for letting me participate!

:agree:

graciegirl 07-20-2010 11:31 AM

We wouldn't have bought here if not for TOTV

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfierle (Post 277145)
:agree:

Me too! When we came down for a quick visit with old friends and drank the beverage of your choice, then went home....my head was filled with all kinds of questions and issues. I found this wonderful site and entered like an annoying brat. I challenged everything and found wonderful information and pretty patient posters. (Only two wanted to shoot me) I would not have chosen to come here for a lifestlye visit if it weren't for this site.

I stay because I am addicted. Every once in awhile I get in trouble with the law and Tony will remove my post. I sulk for a day or two and return. I love it because I truly love the people of The Villages.

Thank you to all of you.

The Great Fumar 07-20-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9-Lovers (Post 277075)
Just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading all of your posts. TOTV has such an intelligent group of people .

Careful , I nearly choked on this one .........:p And kfierle, love your avatar Chicken !!!

kfierle 07-20-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Fumar (Post 277157)
Careful , I nearly choked on this one .........:p And kfierle, love your avatar Chicken !!!

Pheasant, chicken--close enough, I guess!

bkcunningham1 07-20-2010 12:39 PM

kfierle and K9-Lovers, don't get too comfortable. This is just the primer. To get the full impact of this "intelligent group of people sharing opinions, ideas, and humor," you must join the political forum.

jannd228 07-20-2010 02:47 PM

me 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 277148)
Me too! When we came down for a quick visit with old friends and drank the beverage of your choice, then went home....my head was filled with all kinds of questions and issues. I found this wonderful site and entered like an annoying brat. I challenged everything and found wonderful information and pretty patient posters. (Only two wanted to shoot me) I would not have chosen to come here for a lifestlye visit if it weren't for this site.

I stay because I am addicted. Every once in awhile I get in trouble with the law and Tony will remove my post. I sulk for a day or two and return. I love it because I truly love the people of The Villages.

Thank you to all of you.

me 2, wannabee

Talk Host 07-20-2010 04:29 PM

Our members are all hand picked. We stage a pageant each month and select the best of the crop.:a040:

tony 07-20-2010 06:59 PM

Gee, I have never been called "the law." :police:

And, Gracie, it really has been a long time.

K9-Lovers 07-20-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 (Post 277166)
kfierle and K9-Lovers, don't get too comfortable. This is just the primer. To get the full impact of this "intelligent group of people sharing opinions, ideas, and humor," you must join the political forum.

Not that I have anything valuable to say, but I can't find the "political forum" anywhere . . . ?

tony 07-20-2010 08:02 PM

Look to the left.

In the ads there is a red, white and blue one with an elephant and donkey.

Click that ad, and you will be taken to the Political forum registration page.

You have to opt into the forum. It's a premium forum and will cost you twice as much as it cost you to join this original forum.

ssmith 07-20-2010 08:23 PM

about Political forum

BE AFRAID....BE VERY AFRAID....those people need a "Happy Meal"

K9-Lovers 07-20-2010 08:23 PM

Ah hah! Thanks for helping me find it. But now that I've found it . . . I'm afraid . . . very afraid . . .

I've heard some fearsome things about that Political Forum.

K9-Lovers 07-20-2010 08:24 PM

Ha ha!! We posted at the same exact moment!!!

graciegirl 07-20-2010 08:29 PM

I have been there and I don't recommend it. There are some powerful intellects there and there are some very polarized people too and some of them do not hold back. There are also some people that I greatly admire.

My folks told me never, ever, to discuss politics or religion outside of the family. They said that people will never change their minds about either no matter how convincing one is.

Do not let me go back. I can't handle it..