Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Town square (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/town-square-304540/)

Daxdog 03-29-2020 08:04 AM

Town square

Has anyone been by Lake Sumter, this virus will never be over if they keep “partying” there. Come on folks.

bagboy 03-29-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daxdog (Post 1735904)
Has anyone been by Lake Sumter, this virus will never be over if they keep “partying” there. Come on folks.

I looked at the webcams on the squares last night a couple of times out of curiosity. You are mistaken if you believe "partying" by alot of Villagers is going on there. I did see 3 or 4 couples at LSL dancing with alot of distance between them. But my thought was what if hundreds of couples decided they were special and went to dance at the square?

Chatbrat 03-29-2020 09:06 AM

Just got in my car and decided to take a spin thru LSL and their are few morons sharing benches--way closer than 6'--they're entitled !!!

billethkid 03-29-2020 09:12 AM

We drove by Sumter Square around 6:30 PM last night.
Yes a few dancers on the floor well spaced.
However, all four streets around the square plus the grounds facing the lake were full of people tail gating, tables and chairs set up or just standing around....hundreds....no attention to social distancing whatsoever.

They are all contributors to TV having more confirmed cases of the virus.

Shame on all of them.......they are the reason for needing hard quarantines with enforcement.

We also drove by Spanish Springs square....almost completely vacant.

Almost zero traffic out and about.....it appears most people are staying home.

Aces4 03-29-2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1735992)
However, all four streets around the square plus the grounds facing the lake were full of people tail gating, tables and chairs set up or just standing around....hundreds....no attention to social distancing whatsoever.

Shame on all of them.......they are the reason for needing hard quarantines with enforcement.

Almost zero traffic out and about.....most people are staying home.

Thinning of the herd...

Debfrommaine 03-29-2020 09:16 AM

Publix and Walmart probably have more people than the squares at 6am just waiting in line on Senior Day shopping!

John_W 03-29-2020 09:40 AM

I look at the webcams everyday and it's looks like a ghost town out of The Twilight Zone. Once in a while you might see a cart or two, I would believe those are people picking up carryout food. In the evening you will see the line dancers, usually no more than 10 and they are spread far apart. See for yourself.

The Villages Squares Webcams

billethkid 03-29-2020 09:44 AM

The web cams do not take in the streets around the square or the picnic areas facing the lake......which is where the gatherings occur.

DianeM 03-29-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1735992)

Almost zero traffic out and about.....it appears most people are staying home.

Darwin

John_W 03-29-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1736041)
The web cams do not take in the streets around the square or the picnic areas facing the lake......which is where the gatherings occur.

I know what you're referring to, this photo was posted on Facebook yesterday. All you can say is, here are 20 morons. I believe that was lone incident and probably won't happen again. The multiple webcam link that I posted does show a much wider area of the squares if you look.

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...92&oe=5EA7043B

This was posted on Facebook today.

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...bf&oe=5EA7EA8B

Chatbrat 03-29-2020 10:11 AM

Thats where they were this morning @ 10 AM & on benches directly across from Panera

The Deputy should get on his car's speaker & tell them to maintain distance or disperse

DianeM 03-29-2020 10:18 AM

This absolutely infuriates me. WTF is wrong with these selfish people !

pauld315 03-29-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeM (Post 1736073)
This absolutely infuriates me. WTF is wrong with these selfish people ?

My wife and I drove our golf cart by there yesterday and saw this gathering. I was shocked to see it. If you go over to Panera in the morning at LSL you will see many people hanging out on the chairs in front of the sales office right next to each other. These people have no consideration for their neighbors, and quite frankly, everybody in the country.

DianeM 03-29-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1736078)
My wife and I drove our golf cart by there yesterday and saw this gathering. I was shocked to see it. If you go over to Panera in the morning at LSL you will see many people hanging out on the chairs in front of the sales office right next to each other. These people have no consideration for their neighbors, and quite frankly, everybody in the country.

You absolutely nailed it. They’re behaving like bratty children that need to be put in time out in the corner

Marvic 1 03-29-2020 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debfrommaine (Post 1736000)
Publix and Walmart probably have more people than the squares at 6am just waiting in line on Senior Day shopping!

Going to Publix or Walmarks is ESSENTIAL, Dancing at a square is NOT....