Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Village Landscaping Customer Review (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/village-landscaping-customer-review-304563/)

Barb&george 03-29-2020 01:09 PM

Village Landscaping Customer Review

We just had a landscaping job done on our patio villa. We got several quotes done ahead of time. They were all within 500 dollars of each other. The one reason we picked this company is they did not require any payment until the job was done and we were happy, and each part of the process was spelled exactly to the dollar.
On the day of the job the crew introduced themselves and explained what was going to happen on that day. They could not have been more professional and courteous.
The job was done that day and the owner came back and inspected the work. He even adjusted and programmed our irrigation system.
I usually don’t post reviews but I thought this company deserved it. I cannot recommend this company enough.

Bjeanj 03-29-2020 01:23 PM

Good to know. Thanks!

Aw Man 03-29-2020 02:18 PM

Did you get ARC approval?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barb&george (Post 1736192)
We just had a landscaping job done on our patio villa. We got several quotes done ahead of time. They were all within 500 dollars of each other. The one reason we picked this company is they did not require any payment until the job was done and we were happy, and each part of the process was spelled exactly to the dollar.
On the day of the job the crew introduced themselves and explained what was going to happen on that day. They could not have been more professional and courteous.
The job was done that day and the owner came back and inspected the work. He even adjusted and programmed our irrigation system.
I usually don’t post reviews but I thought this company deserved it. I cannot recommend this company enough.

Did you get ARC approval before proceeding with your landscaping project?
Did your landscaping contractor prepare the drawings and revised site plan you needed to get the ARC approval?

villagetinker 03-29-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aw Man (Post 1736239)
Did you get ARC approval before proceeding with your landscaping project?
Did your landscaping contractor prepare the drawings and revised site plan you needed to get the ARC approval?

Under the heading of been there done that, several years ago our landscaper (had done several projects on the street) was hired to do ours. I found out later that the proper paperwork had NOT been filed with ARC, I had to get approval after the fact. Fortunately the work was within ARC guidelines.

jimbo2012 03-31-2020 05:31 AM

Your contract should include "ARC approvals will be obtained by you or the contractor before commencement of work"

IMO you should be getting quotes with your own sketch of the landscape design indicating the trees bushes etc and size range of each, bedding etc.

That way your shopping and comparing the same work.

Also include a "drop dead date of completion"

Too many folks get quotes with different contractors using different plants or designs.
someone will be on the losing end that way

Lastly NO MONEY upfront, if they don't have the $$ to buy the supplies on their own and need you to finance their their biz find someone else.

The approval process is very simple not a big deal, basically setbacks and % of grass removal for the most part.

But if you're doing something way different like I did it can be a PIA, like 4 meetings and compromises (mostly on my part):1rotfl:. But finally came to an agreement on using Fl natural's with high % of grass removal.

jimmyd73o4@gmail.com 04-09-2020 10:12 AM

Who was the contractor?