Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   realtors vs tv real estate brokers (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/realtors-vs-tv-real-estate-brokers-304565/)

stadry 03-29-2020 01:38 PM

realtors vs tv real estate brokers

understand tv real estate brokers are not Realtors but can/do they actively show non-tv broker/Realtor listings & facilitate sales of same ? know the reverse is true - Realtors can show/broker TV listings.......................... thanks in advance !

Mosells 03-29-2020 01:53 PM

Really, and I though, “ never the Twain shall meet”. How long they been doing this?

retiredguy123 03-29-2020 01:54 PM

The term Realtor is a private organization designation. It really has nothing to do with whether they can show houses to you. To sell houses in Florida, you need to be a licensed broker or agent with a Florida State license. In The Villages, you actually need to deal with two different licensed agents, a Villages agent an a non-Villages agent. The Villages agent can show you the new houses and the pre-owned houses listed by The Villages company. The non-Villages agent can only show you houses that are not listed by the Villages company. They cannot show you houses listed by the Villages company.

Marathon Man 03-29-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stadry (Post 1736211)
understand tv real estate brokers are not Realtors but can/do they actively show non-tv broker/Realtor listings & facilitate sales of same ? know the reverse is true - Realtors can show/broker TV listings.......................... thanks in advance !

Why not call them and ask.

Bjeanj 03-29-2020 02:44 PM

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...hlight=Realtor

bagboy 03-29-2020 03:09 PM

TV agents are just that. Agents of the developer that sell new construction, new spec homes, and they list and sell previously owned homes in The Villages thru their Villages Listing Service. They are not licensed Realtors, therefor they cannot participate in the sale of any broker listed home inside or out of The Villages. I have recently seem a few agents advertised as "licensed agents" I don't know what that means as they aren't using the trademarked Realtor designation.
Outside of The Villages, there are licensed real estate Brokers, who own their own office/company, and work representing buyers and sellers. There are also Brokers in Charge, licensed as a Broker but run an office/company for another party. And then, there are licensed Realtors who work for outside of The Villages agencies as sales reps and buyers agents.
Unless something has changed, these two groups are like oil and water. They don't mix, and they don't cooperate on transactions. Realtors don't sell new/used Villages inventory, and Villages agents work for the developer and in cooperation with other Villages agents

BS Beef 03-29-2020 03:40 PM

So I’m cringing at the replies to what may to some seems like a dumb question. But are you saying it’s best or at least not unusual to have 2 separate agents for buying in TV?

bagboy 03-29-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BS Beef (Post 1736301)
So I’m cringing at the replies to what may to some seems like a dumb question. But are you saying it’s best or at least not unusual to have 2 separate agents for buying in TV?

It's not unusual or out of line to have both. In my mind, it's only right to tell each of them about each other. Remember, this life change and new/newer home purchase us about you, and what's best for you. Good luck!

pqrstar 03-29-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Yes, you may need two agents if you are wanting to look at re-sale homes.
Re-sale homes can be listed with either a Villages representative or an outside real estate agent who is usually a member of the MLS (Multiple Listing Service)

However, if you are only considering a new home. You will have to use a Villages sales agent.

champion6 03-29-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

If you want to buy only new, you need only a Villages rep.

If you want to buy preowned, you should have both a Villages rep and an MLS rep.

logdog 03-29-2020 04:03 PM

If you are looking for resales and want to see all that is on the market, you need two agents.

Mleeja 03-29-2020 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1736287)
TV agents are just that. Agents of the developer that sell new construction, new spec homes, and they list and sell previously owned homes in The Villages thru their Villages Listing Service. They are not licensed Realtors, therefor they cannot participate in the sale of any broker listed home inside or out of The Villages. I have recently seem a few agents advertised as "licensed agents" I don't know what that means as they aren't using the trademarked Realtor designation.
Outside of The Villages, there are licensed real estate Brokers, who own their own office/company, and work representing buyers and sellers. There are also Brokers in Charge, licensed as a Broker but run an office/company for another party. And then, there are licensed Realtors who work for outside of The Villages agencies as sales reps and buyers agents.
Unless something has changed, these two groups are like oil and water. They don't mix, and they don't cooperate on transactions. Realtors don't sell new/used Villages inventory, and Villages agents work for the developer and in cooperation with other Villages agents

Realtors of The Villages are licensed. They do not cross sell with non-Villages Realtors, but they do cooperate with them. At least ours did. She recommended a non-Villages Realtor and facilitated the initial meeting.

vintageogauge 03-29-2020 04:14 PM

When we were planning on moving down here I sent a list of our requirements to both The Villages and to a popular MLS agent. Both said they had many homes lined up to show us. When we arrived the MLS agent did not have a single home for us to look at with the requirements I sent to him but The Villages agent, Beth Pope, had quite a few, some of the ones we were interested in were already sold but she still had some that met our criteria to show us, we had interest in two of them. The next day she asked if we would like to see new homes in Fenney which was just starting so we drove down and bought a new spec. home within an hour, there was such a huge price difference when comparing apples to apples that we could not pass it up. It will be 3 years in early May and we are very happy living down here.

BS Beef 03-29-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1736321)
When we were planning on moving down here I sent a list of our requirements to both The Villages and to a popular MLS agent. Both said they had many homes lined up to show us. When we arrived the MLS agent did not have a single home for us to look at with the requirements I sent to him but The Villages agent, Beth Pope, had quite a few, some of the ones we were interested in were already sold but she still had some that met our criteria to show us, we had interest in two of them. The next day she asked if we would like to see new homes in Fenney which was just starting so we drove down and bought a new spec. home within an hour, there was such a huge price difference when comparing apples to apples that we could not pass it up. It will be 3 years in early May and we are very happy living down here.

That’s great. Thanks for the thoughtful reply! :coolsmiley:

gsovas 03-30-2020 05:26 AM

Real estate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosells (Post 1736220)
Really, and I though, “ never the Twain shall meet”. How long they been doing this?

Ever since Moby Dick was a Guppy!
I was misled by a TV sales person saying she was a licensed broker when we were looking here in 2015. The whole time she knew we were real estate sales people from a different State and we had a very open conversation. However after two days of showing us homes and then we put an offer on one home, we decided to back out because we realized that this sales person was not working for us as a real estate agent does. So we went home, sold our home first, spent the summer up north at the same time looking on line at different properties offered by outside Real Estate professionals. Do you know what we found? The same properties listed for $50,000 leass!