Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Coronavirus Crazy (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/coronavirus-crazy-304604/)

Number 10 GI 03-30-2020 09:24 AM

Coronavirus Crazy

This country is going totally nuts.

Armed vigilantes blocked a neighbor'''s driveway with a tree to force him into quarantine

gatorbill1 03-30-2020 09:26 AM

You do what you need to do

Number 10 GI 03-30-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorbill1 (Post 1736708)
You do what you need to do

Did you actually read the article??? Those guys had been living there since September and were working on a construction site. The only reason these idiot vigilantes had for this violence was because they were from New Jersey.

TexaninVA 03-30-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 GI (Post 1736703)

Probably a preview of coming attractions.

LiverpoolWalrus 03-30-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexaninVA (Post 1736717)

I agree completely. Nobody’s talking yet about the fallout that’s bound to happen from being cooped up - suicides, breakdowns, domestic abuse, assaults, etc. I think it’s inevitable unless we can find a way to prevent it in the first place.

billethkid 03-30-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 GI (Post 1736703)

An isolated incident does not = "...this country..."

vintageogauge 03-30-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus (Post 1736726)
I agree completely. Nobody’s talking yet about the fallout that’s bound to happen from being cooped up - suicides, breakdowns, domestic abuse, assaults, etc. I think it’s inevitable unless we can find a way to prevent it in the first place.

The president talked about it last night in his Rose Garden address on most channels.

anothersteve 03-30-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

From some of the posts I've read here recently, it could very well be.

Steve

Number 10 GI 03-30-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1736741)
An isolated incident does not = "...this country..."

Do some searches on the internet for Asians being assaulted because of coronovirus. This isn't an insolated incident.

TexaninVA 03-30-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 GI (Post 1736793)
Do some searches on the internet for Asians being assaulted because of coronovirus. This isn't an insolated incident.

Yes, tragic.

I remember how people in Lyme Connecticut were similarly set upon by crazed people upset with Lyme Disease

Chi-Town 03-30-2020 12:32 PM

Just wait. We haven't even hit the month of April when another 30 day calendar begins.

Koapaka 03-30-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Anyone that thinks this can not happen in the US is delusional. Desperate people do desperate things. Praying we fare better, but when people are hungry, they are desperate. And just think back to the number of times we have seen looting/rioting during hurricanes and natural disasters already here in the US, and those were regional issues. We are now talking national/global. BE PREPARED and you will be ok. Unprepared will be wishing they considered the unthinkable if enough Law Enforcement become ill with this that they can not contain those who are desperate.

Italy Risks Losing Grip in South With Fear of Looting, Riots

'Officers are scared': How COVID-19 is affecting cops around US

luis s 03-31-2020 06:19 AM

Service Calls

Dont understand all thats going on with the Covid-19 and people still calling for service calls because their refrigerator is making too much noise, their dishwasher is not drying properly, their washer is making noise, refrigerator a light is out, all this crazy nonesense. Do you really want a technician that has been to 10 different homes not only in the Villages but all over in your home. By the way any parts going into your appliances is coming most likely from CHINA to include the box. The only service call should be a no cool refrigerator if any..::

davem4616 03-31-2020 06:40 AM

No this country is not going totally nuts

There are a few nuts that get a lot of media attention...the media is focused on sensationalism, not on reporting news

maybe closing all the mental hospitals and seeing how 'mainstreaming' them with the general population wasn't such a good idea after all

MOMOH 03-31-2020 06:50 AM

And I'm sure that crowd wasn't practicing social distancing while they cut the tree down and dragged it across the road. What were they doing out, anyhow?