Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Suggestion: TV Daily Sun Newspaper Should Be Distributed Free During the COVID-19 Pan (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/suggestion-tv-daily-sun-newspaper-should-distributed-free-during-covid-19-pan-304638/)

AnthonyW 03-30-2020 07:35 PM

Suggestion: TV Daily Sun Newspaper Should Be Distributed Free During the COVID-19 Pan

The Villages Daily Sun (TVDS) newspaper should consider delivering it to every household in The Villages FOR FREE during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.

Alternatively, TVDS could at least consider putting the entire daily edition online and make it available to all residents for free during this pandemic.

There are many people in our community that do not subscribe to TVDS for various reasons. Thus, they are missing out on critical public health information. This endangers all the community. Thus, the powers-that-be at TVDS could provide a public service by providing online and/or physically delivered newspapers during the pandemic.

P.S. I am a paid TVDS subscriber.

anothersteve 03-30-2020 07:37 PM

Why? It's like only twenty cents a day now.

TexaninVA 03-30-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyW (Post 1737015)
The Villages Daily Sun (TVDS) newspaper should consider delivering it to every household in The Villages FOR FREE during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.

Alternatively, TVDS could at least consider putting the entire daily edition online and make it available to all residents for free during this pandemic.

There are many people in our community that do not subscribe to TVDS for various reasons. Thus, they are missing out on critical public health information. This endangers all the community. Thus, the powers-that-be at TVDS could provide a public service by providing online and/or physically delivered newspapers during the pandemic.

There's no such thing as "free" ...

DianeM 03-30-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

No thanks. I have no need of that rag in my world. You can’t truly believe that rag has important info only available there.

graciegirl 03-30-2020 08:10 PM

It is a for profit business. The sort of thing a solid economy is based on. Why do you think it should be free? People hold jobs there. Real people. And the developer isn't our mom.

Topspinmo 03-30-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Some of us don’t believe in OZ:duck:

rjn5656 03-31-2020 04:02 AM

Daily Sun

Why.......................

CGIFEDERAL 03-31-2020 04:46 AM

this begs the question, What are you giving away free? like every other business the Sun has to make a profit to keep printing. for those who do not subscribe, you are missing out on very good local news. just because there are those who don't care or are too cheap to pay does not mean the news is free. why don't you ask a neighbor to let you read his/her paper when they are finished reading it.

Kwenner 03-31-2020 05:12 AM

@AnthonyW

Quote:

Seriously? The Daily Sun is practically free as it is. The pandemic seems to have opened the floodgates for the entitlements. Let’s stick to making sure only absolute necessities are made available gratis, like testing and treatment.

davidakins 03-31-2020 05:25 AM

What a great idea! I am sure you will volunteer to reimburse the Daily Sun for any additional costs incurred while doing so. I am always impressed by people who know how to spend other people's money. How noble! LOL

swooner 03-31-2020 05:34 AM

Virtually no information of value. Mostly dumb questions from Villagers.

dewilson58 03-31-2020 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjn5656 (Post 1737085)
Why.......................

Because "I want free, I deserve it."

:ohdear:

chuckster 03-31-2020 05:42 AM

Huh?

goldbers 03-31-2020 05:51 AM

There is nothing crucial in the villages newspaper. There are plenty of places to get your news these days. If you need the paper they sell it at the mailboxes.

fastboat 03-31-2020 06:00 AM

Quote:

You're kidding of course. The owners of TVDS don't give ANYTHING away for free!!