Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Hair Salons (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/hair-salons-508/)
-   -   Need a Haircut (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/hair-salons-508/need-haircut-304659/)

DimondAngels 03-31-2020 11:38 AM

Need a Haircut

Anyone

billethkid 03-31-2020 12:06 PM

There are no barbers with 6 foot long arms in TV!

retiredguy123 03-31-2020 01:01 PM

Why can't they use 6 foot long scissors?

karostay 03-31-2020 02:36 PM

Do my own buzz cut 1/8" good for 6 weeks
Clipper pay back 1 hair cut no tip only one I need to impress is me!

Nucky 03-31-2020 05:01 PM

Edward Scissorhands (1990) - A Thrilling Experience Scene (2/5) | Movieclips - YouTube. Arms not to specifications but should be able to make you look like garbage quickly!

Challenger 04-01-2020 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DimondAngels (Post 1737368)
Anyone out there doing men's haircuts?
Kevin dimondangels@yahoo.com

Is your hair more than 6 ft long?

graciegirl 04-01-2020 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DimondAngels (Post 1737368)
Anyone out there doing men's haircuts?
Kevin dimondangels@yahoo.com

No. It isn't safe for you to be that close to anyone and anyone to be that close to you. People can carry the virus without knowing it. Even if you would get a light case of the virus you may give it to someone who needs to be hospitalized. Everyone is trying to keep themselves and others safe. Find your scissors and a mirror. We are all gonna have quarantine haircuts pretty soon. Better than the alternative. Oh and hugs.

NotGolfer 04-01-2020 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1737681)
No. It isn't safe for you to be that close to anyone and anyone to be that close to you. People can carry the virus without knowing it. Even if you would get a light case of the virus you may give it to someone who needs to be hospitalized. Everyone is trying to keep themselves and others safe. Find your scissors and a mirror. We are all gonna have quarantine haircuts pretty soon. Better than the alternative. Oh and hugs.

I'm with Gracie....I had a haircut scheduled for today (4/1) but cancelled it. Just not comfortable. Wonder "if" I as a carrier and passed it to all who might be in the salon...OR...wonder "if" someone there was a carrier or just coming down with the virus. NOT worth the effort...besides who would we be looking good for? Figure doing a self-trim til an expert can take care of it will do for now.

MOMOH 04-01-2020 06:20 AM

Hairdressers, Barbers and Nail Technicians better to be ready to get back to work the first day that social distancing is relaxed. We're going to have some interesting looking people by then!

davem4616 04-01-2020 06:31 AM

go online and buy a haircutting kit....okay maybe you're bald on top and no longer can sport "a flat top"....but ya can keep the sides looking great

or just let it grow....go 'retro sixties', hmmm a few Beatles songs

oh an while you're at it, don't forget to trim the hair in your ears and your nose

charmed59 04-01-2020 07:39 AM

Color Me hair studio was open last week. $15 for men’s hair. They are limiting customers, only using every other chair, so customers can’t be within 6 feet of one another, though I’d be surprised if there was more than 4 customers in there at a time. Chairs and all surfaces wiped down with disinfectant between customers. Obviously there is a lot of hand washing going on. Stylist will wear masks if asked. Hand sanitizer squirts offered at checkin and checkout.

dougjb 04-01-2020 07:44 AM

Trying to look good for the coffin? Don't forget to get a tan too!

stan the man 04-01-2020 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1737681)

Buy a flowbee..

Nucky 04-01-2020 08:07 AM

How hard can it be to cut 3 hairs guys?

Villagesgal 04-01-2020 08:07 AM

Have your wife cut it and you cut hers. No spouse? A pair of scissors or clippers, a mirror on the wall and a hand held one for the back. My spouse used to cut mine, now that I'm widowed, I've learned to cut my own. It's not that hard. Make a mistake, just go a little shorter. We all have to make sacrifices. The alternative, just let it grow out for a while. This too shall pass.