Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   7 eleven at Colony Plaza (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/7-eleven-colony-plaza-304691/)

justjim 04-01-2020 06:43 AM

7 eleven at Colony Plaza

The proposed 7 eleven at Colony has been fenced off for several months. Just wondering if there is a major problem or if anyone has any information regarding this project. It’s a valuable piece of property and another gas station/convenience store would be great to have in this area of The Villages.

JSR22 04-01-2020 06:49 AM

The sign is gone. I am pretty sure I read they are opening in the new development on 466A next to Trailwinds..

justjim 04-01-2020 08:50 AM

7 eleven in Colony

[QUOTE=JSR22;1737747]The sign is gone. I am pretty sure I read they are opening in the new development on 466A next to Trailwinds..[/

That’s not I wanted to hear but thanks for the information. If that is the case, its likely some other entity will purchase/lease the property as that is a prime location.

Down Sized 04-01-2020 10:24 AM

Construction people were tearing down the canopy Monday. Stripping it down to the I-beams.

Challenger 04-01-2020 10:40 AM

Property does not lie within boundaries of TV and is not owned by one of the Developers entities, according to previous reports.

John_W 04-01-2020 10:42 AM

Franchise for Sale at 260 COLONY BLVD in THE VILLAGES, FL

EdFNJ 04-01-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1737945)

Interesting, that would seem like the original Franchisee backed out. I'd bet the pre-existing gas tanks were a problem. There are some very expensive remediations to be made (mostly EPA) to the surrounding ground when underground tanks are removed or even worse when added/changed. A couple stations closed up north when we lived there due to the expense that was required. One GULF station owner who we dealt with for decades and had his station for close to 40 years had to shut down when he said EPA required him to replace his tanks. To this day it is still boarded up. It's been years.

Jima64 04-01-2020 11:53 AM

old tanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1737954)
Interesting, that would seem like the original Franchisee backed out. I'd bet the pre-existing gas tanks were a problem. There are some very expensive remediations to be made (mostly EPA) to the surrounding ground when underground tanks are removed or even worse when added/changed. A couple stations closed up north when we lived there due to the expense that was required. One GULF station owner who we dealt with for decades and had his station for close to 40 years had to shut down when he said EPA required him to replace his tanks. To this day it is still boarded up. It's been years.

there are federal epa guidelines about the old metal storage gas tanks had to be removed at all gas stations and replaced with the poly/fiberglas tanks to prevent possible leakage problems do to age. In our area some stations sold out or closed due to the cost versus future profits in older neighborhoods.

bagboy 04-01-2020 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Challenger (Post 1737943)
Property does not lie within boundaries of TV and is not owned by one of the Developers entities, according to previous reports.

It is one of a few, maybe even the only non Villages business property with legal golf cart access.

CWGUY 04-01-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1738027)
It is one of a few, maybe even the only non Villages business property with legal golf cart access.

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl: Don't tell Walmart, Aldi's, Lowes, etc. :popcorn: