Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Cussing female on multimodal path (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/cussing-female-multimodal-path-304728/)

missypie 04-01-2020 05:55 PM

Cussing female on multimodal path

We were in the Fenney area today walking with our 2 grandkids when we heard a ding ding bell. When we turned around she was cussing up a storm telling us to walk in single file. She was riding a bicycle. This is not an easy time for anyone. But to cuss at us was disheartening. I'm sure she is stressed at home, but please not in front of the kids. They are not here on vacation.

Mosells 04-01-2020 06:01 PM

They’re AH everywhere, just ignore her.

Topspinmo 04-01-2020 06:03 PM

When traffic coming you should walk single file and be ready to get off path out of harms way. I wouldn’t want to be dead right. Sorry she couldn’t of said it more politely. Cussing in front of kids was uncalled for.

Group2100 04-01-2020 06:08 PM

I wonder if it was the same "lady" who angrily confronted my wife and I as we walked along the Hogeye Preserve multi-modal path on Monday morning claiming we were walking on the "wrong side" of the path? Apparently there are people who have appointed themselves as deputies of the law. :( I am sorry your grandchildren were exposed to such rudeness.

Rapscallion St Croix 04-01-2020 06:15 PM

If OP had to turn around to see the lady, OP was walking on the wrong side of the pathway.

Velvet 04-01-2020 06:16 PM

So were you guys all walking side by side? Just trying to picture the situation.

missypie 04-01-2020 06:55 PM

We were just 2 grandparents and a family walking along with a stroller. Try telling a 5 year old and 6 year old to walk in single file. They were jyst so excited to go to put put but this old cranky lady was a nut case and to cuss was so sad.

missypie 04-01-2020 06:59 PM

Well not in front of kids

Velvet 04-01-2020 07:01 PM

Well, no excuse for cussing, she could have just yelled she is coming through. At least she didn’t run anyone down. That’s my fear when I am out walking.

DianeM 04-01-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missypie (Post 1738372)
Well not in front of kids

Adults are free to use any language they wish.

graciegirl 04-01-2020 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeM (Post 1738379)
Adults are free to use any language they wish.

Wait. What?

Not if you were raised by my mother. How we talk and what we say should be dictated by the audience and the circumstances. It's called good manners which to me just means kindness and respect. It isn't that I don't use colorful language but I certainly would try to think of children present.

n8xwb 04-01-2020 07:28 PM

No excuse for the cussing, but you were equally at fault -- if you had to turn around, you were walking on the wrong side of the path! You need to walk against traffic. (If perchance the bicycle was driving on the left side of the path, which I doubt, please disregard my comment!)

DianeM 04-01-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1738390)
Wait. What?

Not if you were raised by my mother. How we talk and what we say should be dictated by the audience and the circumstances. It's called good manners which to me just means kindness and respect. It isn't that I don't use colorful language but I certainly would try to think of children present.

This is an ADULT community. If kids hear more than they should then leave them home.

Dcurrie911 04-01-2020 08:03 PM

DianeM, by chance were you the crazy lady on the path?

Polite language is appropriate no mater the age. That is why they call it polite.

Dan

DianeM 04-01-2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcurrie911 (Post 1738405)
DianeM, by chance were you the crazy lady on the path?

Polite language is appropriate no mater the age. That is why they call it polite.

Dan

I don’t even know what a multimodal path is so no.

I am polite but if I do swear, I’m not looking around first.