Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Can / Will Local Law Enforcement Officers Arrest Us (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/can-will-local-law-enforcement-officers-arrest-us-304738/)

jacksonbrown 04-02-2020 06:00 AM

Can / Will Local Law Enforcement Officers Arrest Us

For violation of the state and/or county Stay-at-Home Advisory?

dewilson58 04-02-2020 06:03 AM

Why test the system?? Stay at home. :ohdear:

Chatbrat 04-02-2020 07:03 AM

Worse than getting arrested is getting sick/dead

Rango 04-02-2020 07:45 AM

You will not get arrested. But you might get a “wood shampoo”

nututv 04-02-2020 08:16 AM

What would you like to do that has you concerned? I go out everyday, several times a day and have been long before this social test even had a name. Some people think (or would surely like you to think) if you go out you're going to instantly become ill and die. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Stay away from people, crowds etc. Use common sense. You'll be just fine.

LiverpoolWalrus 04-02-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nututv (Post 1738631)
What would you like to do that has you concerned? I go out everyday, several times a day and have been long before this social test even had a name. Some people think (or would surely like you to think) if you go out you're going to instantly become ill and die. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Stay away from people, crowds etc. Use common sense. You'll be just fine.

I'm sure a lot of people will repeat this on this thread (even though here it is already)...the danger is you could get infected by being exposed to someone who doesn't know he/she is positive. Then even if you remain asymptomatic, you could theoretically pass it on to other people.

Granted the chances of either scenario happening are small, but they are there. And people are petrified by these odds whether warranted or not. Such is human nature.

On another note, hey OP, are you a fan of Jackson Browne? Count me among them big time.

Polar Bear 04-02-2020 08:47 AM

They certainly have the authority when warranted. But there are lots of outdoor things that are legal under the order...walks, cycling, fishing, and others, all with social distancing of course.

Excuse me...time for my bike ride. :)

asianthree 04-02-2020 09:28 AM

Orange County seem to be the issue close to home. Remember they have lots that are under 55, so those are the ones sheriff is trying to herd.

Topspinmo 04-02-2020 10:35 AM

All got to say is: going to ______ fill in the blank, grocery store, drug store, liquor store, drive thru, hardware store, car dealer, post office, doctor office, ECC.

nututv 04-02-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus (Post 1738669)
...the danger is you could get infected by being exposed to someone who doesn't know he/she is positive. Then even if you remain asymptomatic, you could theoretically pass it on to other people.

I don't go out to see or be around others. That's just me. I'm OK with one or two others (maybe) but anymore than that is a Big No Thanks.
This whole social experiment hasn't changed a thing in my life really other than a few places reducing their hours. I feel sorry for the rest of society though. Unemployment, economy etc. is going to take a hit like few here has ever seen in their lifetime.

jacksonbrown 04-02-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus (Post 1738669)
are you a fan of Jackson Browne?

Huge, and, I am his namesake.

Just kidding

LiverpoolWalrus 04-02-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksonbrown (Post 1738828)
Huge, and, I am his namesake.

Just kidding

Kidding about being a huge fan or kidding about being named after him? In any case, I'm sure you've heard our man is positive for Covid and unknowingly passed it onto his son.

Two Bills 04-02-2020 11:56 AM

Mama always said, "the man with the gun is always right."
And thats all I have to say on the subject.
FG.

skarra 04-02-2020 12:40 PM

I'm sure they won't.

But whatever they ask you to do, don't resist. The last place you want to be is in Jail. Covid-19 is rampant there.

Mosells 04-02-2020 02:19 PM

They are letting convicts out of jail due to corv-19. I don’t think they will put you in jail for not following what is no more than a suggestion to stay home.