Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Golf in, Pickleball is out (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-pickleball-out-304746/)

alemorkam 04-02-2020 09:55 AM

Golf in, Pickleball is out

Just reported by the Daily Sun. All courts will be closed until further notice tonight. All golf course will remain open.

roob1 04-02-2020 10:07 AM

Please provide link

Thanks

Found it: TheVillagesDailySun (@vdailysun) on Twitter

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemorkam (Post 1738728)
Just reported by the Daily Sun. All courts will be closed until further notice tonight. All golf course will remain open.

Topspinmo 04-02-2020 10:23 AM

Yep, wouldn’t want the developers to suffer too much. Some golfer’s are the worst offenders of the rules.

champion6 04-02-2020 10:35 AM

And from the Daily Sun Facebook page:
JUST IN: All Villages recreation and sports courts, including pickleball and tennis, will close tonight due to the governor's 30-day, stay-at-home order. Nature trails, walkways, cycling areas, golf courses and fishing ponds remain open.

Polar Bear 04-02-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1738759)
Yep, wouldn’t want the developers to suffer too much. Some golfer’s are the worst offenders of the rules.

Yeah right...

Some <fill in the blank> are the worst offenders of the rules.

Nucky 04-02-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1738815)
:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl: Don't make me call Nucky! :boxing2:

Oh my! Two of my favorite posters having a conflict. Do you think it is the current circumstances we are living under?

I go to the highest Bidder! Rocco & Vito are busy rite now on another mission! :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

CW saved me the other day so thats a tie breaker.

dewilson58 04-02-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1738829)
Oh my! Two of my favorite posters having a conflict. Do you think it is the current circumstances we are living under?

I go to the highest Bidder! Rocco & Vito are busy rite now on another mission! :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Food Fight!!!! :coolsmiley:

NECHFalcon68 04-02-2020 12:21 PM

Hole in One?

It was interesting to see all the Holes-in-One listed in today's paper, especially those in past few days.

How can you have a hole-in-one when the ball doesn't go into the cup?

CWGUY 04-02-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1738829)

CW saved me the other day so thats a tie breaker.

:1rotfl: Make him an offer he can't refuse......:boom:

And remember:
Everytime you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: NOT MY CIRCUS - NOT MY MONKEYS

tomwed 04-02-2020 01:33 PM

It's a PVCIO, a pipe dream come true.

dewilson58 04-02-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NECHFalcon68 (Post 1738880)
It was interesting to see all the Holes-in-One listed in today's paper, especially those in past few days.

How??.............golf without integrity.

golfing eagles 04-02-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NECHFalcon68 (Post 1738880)

Pipe in one???:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Vito and Rocco are the judges

twoplanekid 04-02-2020 02:46 PM

From the District office ->

Good Afternoon Supervisors and Committee Members,

Based on guidance provided by local health officials and in compliance with the State of Florida Office of the Governor’s Executive Order Number 20-91 dated April 1, 2020, all Recreation outdoor courts and outdoor equipment will be closed effective at 5:00 p.m. today, April 2nd. The courts and equipment will remain closed until further notice.

In addition to these closures, District departments are preparing plans in which we will continue to provide essential services while following all recommended guidance of local officials, as well as remaining in compliance with the latest Executive Order. I will send you another email later today with operational changes that will take effect tomorrow, April 3rd.

As was included in the Executive Order, participating in recreation activities (consistent with social distancing) such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, etc. remain permitted. As Golf is conducive for social distancing and allows individuals to participate in compliance with local and state health official guidance, all courses remain open at this time.

Thank you again for your support.

Richard Baier

karostay 04-02-2020 02:49 PM

What's a Pickle Ball any way?

tomwed 04-02-2020 02:59 PM

With golf everyone has their own ball. In pickle ball it's the ball that spreads the germs. Can't you just pretend there's a ball? I pretend there is a hole?