Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Essential Businesses under Stay at Home Order (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/essential-businesses-under-stay-home-order-304784/)

swooner 04-03-2020 05:49 AM

Essential Businesses under Stay at Home Order
 
By what stretch of anyone's imagination can "GOLF" be considered an essential business? Golf Shop employees are at risk each time they sign in a new golfer. Starters are at risk each time a golfer checks in at the starter shack. Golfers are at risk each time they encounter any of these employees. The answer can only be that Golf is too big a money maker to suspend despite the risks involved. How stupid!

karostay 04-03-2020 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swooner (Post 1739298)
By what stretch of anyone's imagination can "GOLF" be considered an essential business? Golf Shop employees are at risk each time they sign in a new golfer. Starters are at risk each time a golfer checks in at the starter shack. Golfers are at risk each time they encounter any of these employees. The answer can only be that Golf is too big a money maker to suspend despite the risks involved. How stupid!

How does this apply to executive golf ?

swooner 04-03-2020 08:29 AM

Post said nothing about Executive Golf. You should have got that message by my reference to profits. Now that you mention it, Executive Golf doesn't sound very essential either, even if it's free.

JoMar 04-03-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swooner (Post 1739456)
Post said nothing about Executive Golf. You should have got that message by my reference to profits. Now that you mention it, Executive Golf doesn't sound very essential either, even if it's free.

Don't play do you?

Paper1 04-03-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1739697)
Don't play do you?

Thank you for ending that exchange

Medtrans 04-03-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper1 (Post 1739699)
Thank you for ending that exchange

And yet there are nail salons still open. Saw one at Lake Deaton Plaza and they had customers. What?

swooner 04-03-2020 01:32 PM

Not in the past three weeks I haven’t. Before that at least 3 times a week for over45 yrs, weather permitting of course. Does that answer your dumb question?

bagboy 04-03-2020 02:46 PM

In case people think golf is only being played here, think again.

Here'''s a state-by-state breakdown of where golf'''s allowed and where it isn'''t

karostay 04-03-2020 03:42 PM

I love it ...I can't do what I like.... So I watch see what the other guy is doing and make big theatrical production..
Like fricken grade school around here....Little Johnny's playing marbles and and you told him not to

Villageswimmer 04-03-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medtrans (Post 1739707)
And yet there are nail salons still open. Saw one at Lake Deaton Plaza and they had customers. What?

Absurd! I see that Lowe’s is open for a huge sale this weekend. Essential? Perhaps for emergency stuff like plumbing and electrical, yes. But are mulch and plants essential? A travesty and dangerous. Life threatening. We can buy our mulch and then crowd into the pews. Money/politicians rule.

mac 04-03-2020 04:21 PM

Please, iStay home
 
Stay home, please, stay home. Reduce the time you spend away from home. It is the only way to slow the rate of illness and death. It doesn’t matter what is open. Stay home, take a walk, read a book. We are not safe here in the bubble. Some of us are going to get very sick and die.

Don’t be selfish. Do the right thing, the hard thing. Please stay home.

Topspinmo 04-03-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagboy (Post 1739741)
In case people think golf is only being played here, think again.

Here'''s a state-by-state breakdown of where golf'''s allowed and where it isn'''t

Most likely not packed in like sardines either?

Topspinmo 04-03-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villageswimmer (Post 1739775)
Absurd! I see that Lowe’s is open for a huge sale this weekend. Essential? Perhaps for emergency stuff like plumbing and electrical, yes. But are mulch and plants essential? A travesty and dangerous. Life threatening. We can buy our mulch and then crowd into the pews. Money/politicians rule.

Hey! My pepper plants are very important to me! Me, me. It all bout me:MOJE_whot:

justjim 04-04-2020 11:01 AM

Golf is exercise
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swooner (Post 1739298)
By what stretch of anyone's imagination can "GOLF" be considered an essential business? Golf Shop employees are at risk each time they sign in a new golfer. Starters are at risk each time a golfer checks in at the starter shack. Golfers are at risk each time they encounter any of these employees. The answer can only be that Golf is too big a money maker to suspend despite the risks involved. How stupid!

Golf is exercise and as a general rule not a profitable business. Since it’s beginning, The Villages has been a golfing and golf cart community. “Free golf for the rest of your life”! Of course, the free golf is only on the executive courses and these courses are maintained by your amenities fees. Golfing is certainly safer than going to the grocery three or four times a week. BTW it is much safer from Coronavirus than Pickleball, softball, playing cards, pools, etc. etc. and in recent days made even safer with the changes made. Is it totally safe, probably not, but neither is going to get your mail. Folks, chill out and relax a bit and don’t make life more miserable by anxiety and remember “when you throw dirt you just lose ground”. Have a good day. :)

Tsego58 04-05-2020 04:18 AM

My plants are very important, my golf, mulch, bird seed, a weed in my yard and the list goes on. Lowes is having a sale? This really does explain why the world has been given this virus. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.