Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Gas for golf carts (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/gas-golf-carts-304878/)

Klatu 04-05-2020 06:31 AM

Gas for golf carts

Is there a good time to go get gas at Villages Golf Carts, to avoid crowds? Our cart is getting low on gas and we are twitchy about getting in line with a lot of folks. Any suggestions?

Chatbrat 04-05-2020 06:37 AM

If you have a 5 gal gas can, you can get ethanol free gas at any Wawa--most likely a lot cheaper than TV

npwalters 04-05-2020 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1740539)
If you have a 5 gal gas can, you can get ethanol free gas at any Wawa--most likely a lot cheaper than TV

If you are in the north end go across the bridge and go out the Paradise gate. Go to Wawa and buy ethanol free for about 70 cents per gallon less. Gas at TV Golf is just ethanol free gas and is a rip off.

Or better yet, just fill up with regular gas for about a buck a gallon less. All manufactures state it is suitable for your cart.

Michigan Farmer 04-05-2020 07:41 AM

The gas station at Pinellas has rec. fuel, the blue handeled hoses.

mulligan 04-05-2020 07:50 AM

On the advice of a nephew who is a small engine mechanic, I have used nothing but regular gas with stabil for 1 month short of 9 years . Never had a problem.

stan the man 04-05-2020 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1740539)

thank good info

Chatbrat 04-05-2020 08:05 AM

If your cart is fuel injected, regular gas will suffice--if its an older cart with a carburetor, enthanol based fuel, can hurt rubber parts that can deteriorate, when subject to alcohol--also, Stabil is for storage--does nothing for a daily driver

Topspinmo 04-05-2020 08:19 AM

If you drive you’re golf cart regularly ( its lawnmower engine) you can put any gas from any place that sales gas. Carburetor or not. Now if you’re going to let it set for months? then you need to be concerned about ethanol gas. All normal engines (NOT exotic) and fuel components last 20 years have been made to run ethanol gas ⛽️. Now it you’re cart is 1975 or early model ( which I doubt it is) I would have concern. (not really ran 66 HP engine with 11 to 1 compression on corn gas in 80’s I just had to detune it to take some of the timing out of it).

Topspinmo 04-05-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klatu (Post 1740535)
Is there a good time to go get gas at Villages Golf Carts, to avoid crowds? Our cart is getting low on gas and we are twitchy about getting in line with a lot of folks. Any suggestions?

Where gloves and mask where every you go. Think how many has touched the pump

anothersteve 04-05-2020 08:24 AM

If you have a newer cart, lift the seat, if it has a sticker that reads E5 or E10 on the gas tank, you can use regular pump gas.
Steve

John_W 04-05-2020 09:02 AM

I have a 2011 Yamaha with a Carburetor I bought new and July 2014 when the Marathon station on 466A at Pinellas Plaza opened I started buying the ethanol free gas in a 5 gallon can and using in my cart exclusively.

One warning, if you've been using regular ethanol gas in your older Yamaha and switch over you may have problems. The first time I filled the tank with the ethanol free I played 18 holes at Belle Glade and had no problems. The minute I pulled out of the parking lot to head home 4 miles the cart died. It would only operate at 4 mph or less, so a 20 minute ride took over an hour. When I got home I called my regular maintenance man Willie Wilcoxin and he looked at the cart and said, the clean gas has loosen up all the ethanol gunk in the carburetor and fuel lines and now they're blocked. He flushed everything out and for the past 6 years it runs great.

I recently bought gas for my car at the newer Circle K in Trailwinds and I noticed they have ethanol free gas as well and cheaper than Marathon. As noted earlier, they are the pumps with the blue handles and labeled recreation gas, I believe that is the outside pumping stations. Those in the new areas, I would think that the Marathon at Lake Deaton Plaza near Rohan probably has the ethanol free gas since they owned by the same man as Pinellas Plaza.

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...8d&oe=5EB099E7