Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   ICD Device ( Defib) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/icd-device-defib-305072/)

talleyjm 04-09-2020 04:43 PM

ICD Device ( Defib)

Has anyone had a ICD put in recently and who would you recommend? Thanks.

Goldwingnut 04-09-2020 04:50 PM

The Villages Public Safety office has an AED coordinator, Lt John Longacre Longacre, Lt.John.Longacre@districtgov.org. They are able to get a significant equipment discount, coordinate training and call list, and you will have to go through him to coordinate the call/notification service that works with the 911 system.

Reach out to Lt Longacre if you are interested in the program.

asianthree 04-09-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldwingnut (Post 1743603)
The Villages Public Safety office has an AED coordinator, Lt John Longacre Longacre, Lt.John.Longacre@districtgov.org. They are able to get a significant equipment discount, coordinate training and call list, and you will have to go through him to coordinate the call/notification service that works with the 911 system.

Reach out to Lt Longacre if you are interested in the program.

I think OP is speaking of a internal device, to regulate heart

Goldwingnut 04-10-2020 05:32 AM

Sorry, thought it was a typo.

bumpygreens 04-10-2020 08:41 AM

Your question isn't very clear. Are you asking recommendations for a brand of implantable device, or a cardiac surgeon? In either case, I'd go to UF in Gainesville, find a surgeon you're comfortable with and go with the device he recommends. There are plenty of well-meaning people on Talk of the Villages, but none of them have malpractice insurance.

asianthree 04-10-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumpygreens (Post 1743864)
Your question isn't very clear. Are you asking recommendations for a brand of implantable device, or a cardiac surgeon? In either case, I'd go to UF in Gainesville, find a surgeon you're comfortable with and go with the device he recommends. There are plenty of well-meaning people on Talk of the Villages, but none of them have malpractice insurance.

Not a wealth of info, OP is looking for experience from who they have used for ICD implantation. Most ICDs are implanted in Special Procedures, it’s a quick procedure, with specials staff, rep from implant company and physician, radiology. Just looking at a name of physician is not going to answer questions.

OP since you have been told you need an ICD, who do they Recommend.

. Does your cardiologist insert ICDs, if not I am sure his office will be the best place for advice, Plus you need to stay in your insurance system.

starflyte1 04-10-2020 12:09 PM

I can’t answer as one with recent experience, and am sure things have changed. I think they now track the ICD online or by phone.

My husband had an ICD “installed” by a cardiologist electrophysiologist, a heart doctor that specializes in the electrical system of the heart rather than the plumbing system. This was in Naples.

We chose to go to Mayo Clinic inJackson for adjustments.

When we moved to TV, he had an appt. with Dr. Hurt at FHV. They had technicians from various ICD manufacturers that come in an made adjustments. Dr. Hurt became my husband’s physician . After time, we went back to Mayo and they agreed with the treatment, including meds, that he had been given from Dr. Hurt. They made no changes.

If I wanted to know where to start I would suggest FHV, partly because that is the only place I been.

Also, living so close to Mayo Clinic is always an option.

Other may have suggestions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by talleyjm (Post 1743598)
Has anyone had a ICD put in recently and who would you recommend? Thanks.

seoulbrooks 04-10-2020 12:55 PM

I have a St. Jude Medical implantable device Model CD3369-40Q. The operation was performed by my Cardiologist, Dr. Georg Couturier @ the Villages Hospital on 09/18/2018. It is adjusted and tuned by the St. Jude team during normal office visits to see Dr. Couturier. The device is both a pace maker and defibrillator. Battery life is approximately 5 years. I have had zero problems since the implant. :) Highly recommend Dr Couturier.

talleyjm 04-28-2020 01:47 PM

Icd

Thank you so much for your reply. My husband ended up at the doctor's office you recommended. So far, no problems!