Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Bushes along side of home (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/bushes-along-side-home-305095/)

Matthew Wag 04-10-2020 01:06 PM

Bushes along side of home

I move in May. My lot is very deep but not wide. I want to line both sides of my house in the back to the wall. I have a pool and want privacy. 5' bushes 9not sure what they are called ,but I see them everywhere. What do I need to do first? Contact villages for approval? It would be in the 5' area between properties. Any suggestions welcolm and includes where to buy those bushes. Thanks matt

retiredguy123 04-10-2020 01:09 PM

You need ARC approval. Go to districtgov.org.

tophcfa 04-10-2020 01:11 PM

Podacarpus make a great privacy hedge.

CWGUY 04-10-2020 01:23 PM

Start here - Village Community Development Districts

:ho:

villagetinker 04-10-2020 01:26 PM

We tried to work with the neighbors on a common hedge in the area between the houses, ARC would NOT allow. Could not even change grass for mulch, basically, nothing could be done in this area.

Topspinmo 04-10-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Wag (Post 1744046)
I move in May. My lot is very deep but not wide. I want to line both sides of my house in the back to the wall. I have a pool and want privacy. 5' bushes 9not sure what they are called ,but I see them everywhere. What do I need to do first? Contact villages for approval? It would be in the 5' area between properties. Any suggestions welcolm and includes where to buy those bushes. Thanks matt

I suspect that the easement between house’s. If so probably not allowed, I guessing you’re pool inside bird cage? Why can’t you plant bushes right off the bird cage on you’re own property? As for side usually not much room except up close to bird cage. Second choice would be line bird cage with vision blocking material?

skip0358 04-10-2020 01:53 PM

Don’t plant or sign anything until you get approval
from ARC. If you do something without approval you could very well regret it. Also don’t take the word of the contractor planting the bushes he wants your job & money.

starflyte1 04-10-2020 02:02 PM

No help with hedge, but instead of regular screen, I put white screen in the bottom panels.

Some privacy plants grow well in tubs on inside of pool cage.

JimJohnson 04-10-2020 02:50 PM

Podacarpus.

John_W 04-10-2020 04:16 PM

I didn't plant these holly bushes, they were the landscaping that came with our CYV nine years ago, however they were about 2' tall then. Now, I keep them at 7' because that's the height of the wall behind them. I have to trim twice a year, they grow great. The one negative, holly berries are poisonous to dogs, the squirrels like them and it doesn't seem to hurt them.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...67&oe=5EB5901C

Dlbonivich 04-11-2020 06:06 AM

Viburnum hedge grows fast and thick no berries. Not sure about approval

davem4616 04-11-2020 06:32 AM

be very careful what you wish for....everything grows 12 months long down here in Florida

if you're looking for something to do and you like yard work in the heat, go a head and plant bushes outside, they'll grow quickly even in the poor sandy soil in TV

give serious consideration to the vision blocking screen panels and place a few large pots inside with large leaf plants....

nobody's really gonna be spying on you anyway, and if you do like to swim in the buff...do it in the evening

vagent711 04-11-2020 07:12 AM

Privacy

Quote:

You can put the podecarpus around the birdcage for privacy with ARC approval

Paporter 04-11-2020 07:18 AM

Contact Sabrina’s Landscaping for an consultation and estimate for hedges. If you hire them, they will submit the request to ARC for you. They been landscaping in TV’s for well over 20 years and will know what is acceptable to ARC.

willbush 04-11-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Podocarpus bushes provide great privacy using little space;I planted both sides of our lania for privacy;they look great and are easy to maintain