Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Kitchen and Bath Remodels (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/kitchen-bath-remodels-303/)
-   -   Home Pro Bath Installs Bidet toilet seats, amazing! Why don't we all use these? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/kitchen-bath-remodels-303/home-pro-bath-installs-bidet-toilet-seats-amazing-why-dont-we-all-use-these-305198/)

Home Pro Bath 04-13-2020 09:29 AM

Home Pro Bath Installs Bidet toilet seats, amazing! Why don't we all use these?

5 Attachment(s)
Bidet Toilets have been used extensively all over Europe and Japan for the last 25yrs. and finally, they are trending in North America. Why a bidet toilet seat? Well let's start with:
No Paper no problem. That doesn't even sound right, does it?
Warm water wash. Just press the button when you finish your business and the bidet gives your bottom a warm water wash that's 10 times better than paper.
Even a Warm air dry for the full service.
Heated Seat, and Heated water.
Blue night light in the bowl.
A Bidet is a must for folks with mobility issues as well as anyone that has difficulty using the old fashioned facilities.
The list goes on and on.
Call Home Pro Today 352-753-0303 to get more details and a free in-home appointment.

graciegirl 04-13-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Home Pro Bath (Post 1745495)
Bidet Toilets have been used extensively all over Europe and Japan for the last 25yrs. and finally, they are trending in North America. Why a bidet toilet seat? Well let's start with:
No Paper no problem. That doesn't even sound right, does it?
Warm water wash. Just press the button when you finish your business and the bidet gives your bottom a warm water wash that's 10 times better than paper.
Even a Warm air dry for the full service.
Heated Seat, and Heated water.
Blue night light in the bowl.
A Bidet is a must for folks with mobility issues as well as anyone that has difficulty using the old fashioned facilities.
The list goes on and on.
Call Home Pro Today 352-753-0303 to get more details and a free in-home appointment.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH...You sell them. Got it.

You still need toilet paper. You may not be old enough to understand...……….

villagetinker 04-13-2020 11:33 AM

OK, I'll bite, what is the price range?

Sabrina&Bill 04-13-2020 01:15 PM

I wonder how many bathrooms already have an electrical outlet right next to the toilet?
Is the water used to rinse have any soap in it?

photo1902 04-13-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill (Post 1745638)
I wonder how many bathrooms already have an electrical outlet right next to the toilet?

None. If you want one of these devices installed, you’ll need a GFCI outlet installed. No big deal. Same requirement if you want a Toto toilet (or similar) installed.

villagetinker 04-13-2020 01:25 PM

You have to have the receptacle added, I figure at least $200 based on ads in the paper. I am guessing this also needs to be a dedicated circuit.

DianeM 04-13-2020 01:26 PM

I’m not sure how I feel about being plugged in to use the commode. Think I’ll pass

photo1902 04-13-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1745643)
You have to have the receptacle added, I figure at least $200 based on ads in the paper. I am guessing this also needs to be a dedicated circuit.

From what I see, the product in the OP’s post is basically a seat type of device. If you’re looking at a Toto toilet $1,200-4,000, you’ll need a receptacle added. $200 is chump change.

CFrance 04-13-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papasetti82 (Post 1745666)
I have a Bidet attachment that's all mechanical,no electric required.I've been using it for about ten years. You don't need heated seat and blowers. Cost around $100

I've often wondered... How does one dry off? And how does the water get into, er, the crevice?

In Europe the bidets are used backwards from a commode. So you'd have to be wearing a skirt and no underwear, or you'd have to be disrobing a lot. They also have a towel next to the bidet for drying off.

I see a whole lot of inconvenience with a bidet vs toilet paper.

600th Photo Sq 04-13-2020 04:31 PM

I can just picture having guests over without any prior knowledge about the " New " toilet .

Then as it always happens the question comes where is the bathroom ?

I would love to see the look on the person face upon exit and the Whispering/Chuckles afterwards, it would be priceless.

Of course one of the questions asked would be did it " Tickle ".

600th Photo Sq 04-13-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1745693)
I've often wondered... How does one dry off? And how does the water get into, er, the crevice?

In Europe the bidets are used backwards from a commode. So you'd have to be wearing a skirt and no underwear, or you'd have to be disrobing a lot. They also have a towel next to the bidet for drying off.

Depending on the intake of food a person has it does have some very good points.

Look at how much the world save on paper and better still more trees will be saved for all of mankind.

Another plus one less thing to shop for. For me " Bidet Rocks ". :bigbow:

queasy27 04-13-2020 08:59 PM

I've had an add-on mechanical type bidet for a couple of years. It was $35 at the time but is now $60. Mine doesn't connect to the hot water pipe but it's not needed in Florida anyway and who wants to wait for the water to heat up. Bad enough when taking a shower!

The user reviews offer comments on installation issues and how people use them, dry off, etc.

I absolutely love mine.

Nucky 04-14-2020 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1745693)

Your first line CFrance..Why do Hippies use Psychedelic Toilet Paper? To get In The groove! :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

DannoMac 04-14-2020 05:27 AM

Don’t knock it until you try one.

I travelled a lot during my work career and discovered the bidet seat. I sourced and used them ever since, better than 10 years, and wouldn’t do without. A good quality seat leaves you squeaky clean. When I moved to TV I brought my seats with me, had a electrician install GFI outlets (dedicated outlets not required), and installed myself. Very easy if you are handy and takes about 1/2 hour or less. I purchased my seats from Brondell, a Swash 400 and Swash 1000. Both work excellent and I am not selling anything 😀. The seats I have do not have the control wing attached to the side, instead there is a wireless remote that is attached to a wall next to the toilet. If you try one you will be sold, and no you can’t try mine. 😁

cdmsberry 04-14-2020 06:30 AM

I love mine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill (Post 1745638)

I did hire an electrician do install an outlet, other than that I installed my bidet toilet seat myself. I still use a very small amount of toilet paper to pat dry as I don’t have time to sit sit there and dry completely. I feel so much cleaner using my bidet.