Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Landscaping stone backing to St. Charles Place (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/landscaping-stone-backing-st-charles-place-305649/)

roob1 04-24-2020 07:13 AM

Landscaping stone backing to St. Charles Place

There is a house that backs up to St. Charles Place on the south side, close to the Buena Vista gate, that was recently landscaped in the back yard. At least 15-20 feet of stone extends from the house's shrubs (the whole width of the lot), right to the curb of St. Charles.

Is this allowed? It really sticks out as you drive by.

I have not checked with Community Standards but am curious what others (those who have seen it) think.

ADDENDUM: Near the St. James gate to Buena Vista.

Sweatman 04-24-2020 08:16 AM

We were told by Community Standards that hardscape (edgers, pavers) must be 3 feet from property line. Not sure what easement the county has on that road.

Bogie Shooter 04-24-2020 09:33 AM

Really doesn't matter what we think...…...what are the restrictions?

vintageogauge 04-24-2020 09:50 AM

Do they have a permit posted in front of the house, if so it was approved, if not make the call.

photo1902 04-24-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1752470)
Do they have a permit posted in front of the house, if so it was approved, if not make the call.

Huh?

Bogie Shooter 04-24-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1752470)

Permit posting is probably for exterior structural changes, from the county .
AR approval is a signed document,,,,,not posted.

Villageswimmer 04-24-2020 11:29 AM

Where are the mythical old ladies with clipboards in their golf cart when you need ‘em?

ficoguy 04-24-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roob1 (Post 1752312)
There is a house that backs up to St. Charles Place on the south side, close to the Buena Vista gate, that was recently landscaped in the back yard. At least 15-20 feet of stone extends from the house's shrubs (the whole width of the lot), right to the curb of St. Charles.

I have not checked with Community Standards but am curious what others (those who have seen it) think.

If it is not compliant then they will be cited very quickly and be asked to remediate - and pay a fine each day its not. Competing landscapers love to rat each other out.

rustyp 04-24-2020 12:06 PM

If you go to ARC website
Village Community Development Districts

Type in the box "containing text" the address and you can view if the property has had an ARC request within the last 6 months. If you go to box custom date you can get a lengthy history.

photo1902 04-24-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villageswimmer (Post 1752598)
Where are the mythical old ladies with clipboards in their golf cart when you need ‘em?

For the answer to that question, see post #1.:icon_wink:

buzzy 04-24-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Went over to see. Can't find anything that fits your description.

villagetinker 04-24-2020 05:09 PM

My house backs on Pinellas place, and there is a 20 foot R/W (for utilities) that has very specific restrictions, one of which is no permanent structures (concrete pads, etc.). Now I have no idea if the hardscaping would qualify as "permanent" however, I was cautioned about PLANTING in the area. I have a very nice flat back yard with NO trees, bushes, etc in that right of way.

Average Guy 04-24-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Which St. Charles Place gate at Buena Vista are you referring to - the Liberty Park gate, or the one at St. James?

roob1 04-24-2020 05:56 PM

Sorry, the one at St. James.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Average Guy (Post 1752840)
Which St. Charles Place gate at Buena Vista are you referring to - the Liberty Park gate, or the one at St. James?

CFrance 04-24-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1752839)
My house backs on Pinellas place, and there is a 20 foot R/W (for utilities) that has very specific restrictions, one of which is no permanent structures (concrete pads, etc.). Now I have no idea if the hardscaping would qualify as "permanent" however, I was cautioned about PLANTING in the area. I have a very nice flat back yard with NO trees, bushes, etc in that right of way.

I wouldn't call it hardscaping. It's landscape stones that have been put all the way to the curb. It really jumps out at you because the whole rest of St. Charles is grass to the curb. Somebody didn't want to mow. Not sure if it's allowed, but it sure looks ugly. And no, I'm not one of those clipboard ladies.