Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   The Village of Fenney (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/village-fenney-305714/)

retiredguy123 04-24-2020 10:57 PM

The Village of Fenney

The Villages has expanded south of Route 44, and has constructed several new villages there. But, many people seem to think that everything located south of Rt 44 is called Fenney. It's not. Fenney is just one of many villages in that area. I recently visited the new Everglades Rec Center, and a sales agent I met there told me that I was in Fenney. When I told her that we were not in Fenney, but actually adjacent to the Village of Marsh Bend, she insisted that I was wrong. Some of the villages south of Rt 44 are Fenney, Desoto, McClure, Monarch Grove, Marsh Bend, Linden, Chitty Chatty, and Bradford. These are all residential villages, and Fenney is just one of them.

champion6 04-25-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1752944)
<snip> I recently visited the new Everglades Rec Center, and a sales agent I met there told me that I was in Fenney. When I told her that we were not in Fenney, but actually adjacent to the Village of Marsh Bend, she insisted that I was wrong. <snip>

LOL. I am immediately reminded of the many posts on TOTV which say, "My sales rep told us ..." This should be a Lesson Learned for everyone. --> Trust no one. Verify everything.

CFrance 04-25-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1753037)
LOL. I am immediately reminded of the many posts on TOTV which say, "My sales rep told us ..." This should be a Lesson Learned for everyone. --> Trust no one. Verify everything.

Made me laugh too... in 2011 we were told build out would be in two years!:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

mbraun179 04-25-2020 07:31 AM

Technically it’s Southern Oaks which encompasses all of those villages

tophcfa 04-25-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbraun179 (Post 1753051)

Technically it’s “No Championship Golf”, which encompasses all of those Villages.

John_W 04-25-2020 09:35 AM

It will take a while. Like everything on St. Charles is Buttonwood, or everything on Belvedere is Belvedere. I usually say Fenney because most people don't know the other names yet. Maybe when neighborhood softball teams start playing. I remember when playing teams like Hillsborough and Charlotte and saying, where is that?

vintageogauge 04-25-2020 10:30 AM

The original development was "The Villages of Fenney" Phases I, II, and III. DeSoto is the only other named village that is within The Villages of Fenney and The Villages of Fenney are not part of Southern Oaks. The area west of the Fox golf courses Fenney Grove, when developed will also be part of The Villages of Fenney but not part of Southern Oaks.

VApeople 04-25-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbraun179 (Post 1753051)

To us, it is the Area of Beautiful Walking Trails. We go there several times a week just to walk on paths with no cars or golf carts.

What they are doing in Chitty-Chatty and Bradford is even better than the areas south of the turnpike.

photo1902 04-25-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1753221)
The original development was "The Villages of Fenney" Phases I, II, and III. DeSoto is the only other named village that is within The Villages of Fenney and The Villages of Fenney are not part of Southern Oaks. The area west of the Fox golf courses Fenney Grove, when developed will also be part of The Villages of Fenney but not part of Southern Oaks.

///

jmcica@aol.com 04-25-2020 12:53 PM

Can anyone share info on which of these new villages might be worth looking at? Have been to Fenney and a few others but anyone who lives there - can you share your thoughts-AND is Chitty Chatty the closest to Brownwood ?
Thanks in advance

retiredguy123 04-25-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcica@aol.com (Post 1753298)
Can anyone share info on which of these new villages might be worth looking at? Have been to Fenney and a few others but anyone who lives there - can you share your thoughts-AND is Chitty Chatty the closest to Brownwood ?
Thanks in advance

Personally, I think Chitty Chatty will be a very good location because it is very close to Lake Deaton Plaza. Also, I think Chitty Chatty will be closer to Brownwood than Fenney, but not by much. It is about 5.5 miles from the Fenney Grill to Brownwood via Rt 301. I think it will be less than 5 miles from Chitty Chatty to Brownwood via Rt 44.

cmj1210 04-25-2020 01:49 PM

It’s called Southern Oaks but because Fenney was the 1 st village everyone calls it Fenney including the sales reps 🤷*♀️

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1752944)
The Villages has expanded south of Route 44, and has constructed several new villages there. But, many people seem to think that everything located south of Rt 44 is called Fenney. It's not. Fenney is just one of many villages in that area. I recently visited the new Everglades Rec Center, and a sales agent I met there told me that I was in Fenney. When I told her that we were not in Fenney, but actually adjacent to the Village of Marsh Bend, she insisted that I was wrong. Some of the villages south of Rt 44 are Fenney, Desoto, McClure, Monarch Grove, Marsh Bend, Linden, Chitty Chatty, and Bradford. These are all residential villages, and Fenney is just one of them.

vintageogauge 04-25-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmj1210 (Post 1753313)
It’s called Southern Oaks but because Fenney was the 1 st village everyone calls it Fenney including the sales reps 🤷*♀️

The acreage within Fenney and DeSoto are not part of Southern Oaks, look it up.

Marvic 1 04-25-2020 01:58 PM

To me, anything south of 466A is part of Orlando.....:D

VApeople 04-25-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcica@aol.com (Post 1753298)
Can anyone share info on which of these new villages might be worth looking at?

I would stay away from Marsh Bend. It only has one road in and out and I suspect the traffic will be very heavy. If you live in DeLuna, it will be a long drive to get out.

I like the look of Monarch Grove. Wherever you live in that neighborhood, it is a short drive to get to 501.

The new village of Bradford looks good to me. There will be several pools and, I think, a new rec center like Rohan. I wonder if they will build a place like Enda's. It is a huge area and I suspect it will offer a lot.

As for Chitty Chatty, I would not buy there because it will be hard to turn left on 468. Yeah, they might say there will be a traffic light, but I will believe it when I see it.