Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Restaurants that will be gone after Covid (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/restaurants-will-gone-after-covid-305755/)

Chatbrat 04-26-2020 06:11 AM

Restaurants that will be gone after Covid

Believe, all buffets will be history after Covid & bars will have very limited seating

Can't imagine how a place like the Golden Coral can reopen--the public will be scared stiff to set foot in the place

karostay 04-26-2020 06:12 AM

Fine with me..

golfing eagles 04-26-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1753537)
Believe, all buffets will be history after Covid & bars will have very limited seating

Can't imagine how a place like the Golden Coral can reopen--the public will be scared stiff to set foot in the place

No great loss

Bay Kid 04-26-2020 06:47 AM

Could be good. I always eat way too much at buffets.

leftyf 04-26-2020 08:02 AM

I don't know when I will eat at a restaurant again, takeout only. I don't plan to ever fly or cruise again, at least not until there is a vaccine.

photo1902 04-26-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Time will tell. My prediction is that things will return to normal, and people will do what they did before.

And using your argument, I'm assuming you think people won't attend large scale sporting events, or visit the theme parks.

twoplanekid 04-26-2020 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo1902 (Post 1753640)
Time will tell. My prediction is that things will return to normal, and people will do what they did before.

And using your argument, I'm assuming you think people won't attend large scale sporting events, or visit the theme parks.

A lot will depend on what new regulations are passed by the government/politicians to reduce any possible spread of viruses in the future. A current example would be the fire code limitation of the max seating capacity in public places. Will a new virus max capacity be established where the lesser of the two is now the new max seating capacity. I believe this scenario is a possible outcome of the Covad-19 outbreak.

Time will tell.

JoMar 04-26-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1753664)
A lot will depend on what new regulations are passed by the government/politicians to reduce any possible spread of viruses in the future. A current example would be the fire code limitation of the max seating capacity in public places. Will a new virus max capacity be established where the lesser of the two is now the new max seating capacity. I believe this scenario is a possible outcome of the Covad-19 outbreak.

Time will tell.

Which reduces revenue which blows out the buinsess plans which results in higher prices which reduces the revenue (it is The Villages way) which reduces the business plans. Also means fewer jobs available. There is a core of folks here that believe in herd immunity and will take the risk.....my prediction is that it won't take long after a vaccine is developed for the new normal to become close to the old normal.

ficoguy 04-26-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

I would never go to the Golden Calorie (Corral) under the best of circumstances.

ficoguy 04-26-2020 11:18 AM

Disney is already saying it will go buffet-less. Thats OK because they make more money on table service. Buffets are break even at best. The hybrid model of serving stations may be adopted, but not the lines of 30 kinds of bread, 20 salads and s thin slice of allegedly prime rib

retiredguy123 04-26-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Nothing new for me. I never liked eating at a buffet restaurant.

billethkid 04-26-2020 11:28 AM

Just using the observation of the very high percentage of residents that do not follow/respect social distancing and mask guidelines.....there are enough of them to not be "scared" off from the normal......hence restaurants and bars will survive.

starflyte1 04-26-2020 12:09 PM

Too much doom and gloom

Too much doom and gloom. Today is a beautiful day to sit outside, soak up the sun, enjoy the fresh air and hopefully experience an attitude adjustment. And yes, I am outside while writing this🤗

Chatbrat 04-26-2020 01:01 PM

We never saw a buffet till we retired to Fl in 95'--the Admiral said lets try a buffet--don't remember the name- we were in line, saw a pre-teen-put his spoon in a desert eat and double dip--got a refund & have never set foot in any buffet after that
The hight of unsanitary food service

Rapscallion St Croix 04-26-2020 01:06 PM

If human behaviors were effectively swayed by health warnings, we wouldn't have smokers, soda pop drinkers, red meat eaters, or crack heads.