Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   privileges- buyer vs renter (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/privileges-buyer-vs-renter-305946/)

CaptainET 05-01-2020 05:58 AM

privileges- buyer vs renter

Is there any difference in amenity privileges for owners vs long term renters? short term renters?

vintageogauge 05-01-2020 06:52 AM

Possibly the use of the sports pools, I'm not 100% sure but I believe they are for residents use only. Other than that I think you would have equal privileges.

SIRE1 05-01-2020 08:04 AM

My cousin was interested in renting and was wondering about the Sports Pools. We asked this question at one of the Rec Centers and were told that typically a renter pays $50 for a transfer of the owner's Villages ID Pass. When they do, all of the benefits and amenities are transferred from the owner to the renter. And their ID is different than a Guest Pass. So yes, supposedly a renter who has paid for the transfer can use the Sports Pools.

davem4616 05-01-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainET (Post 1756548)
Is there any difference in amenity privileges for owners vs long term renters? short term renters?

unlikely...as the property owner that you are renting from would be paying the standard amenity fee

an individual that I went to high school with (50+ years ago) has rented in TV for years during the winter....she seems to be able to take advantage and participate in everything that she wants to

you'll just need to be sure that you get 'passes' for the length of your stay...the property owner that you rent from (should you go that route) should know how to obtain those for you....might want to inquire how you could get guest passes later on, should you have guests visiting you during the period that you're renting

justjim 05-01-2020 08:23 AM

Renters get to use the same amenities as the owner has to give up his/her privileges.

Bryando 05-22-2020 06:28 AM

If you are there long enough and are interested in softball, I would check first. When we were on our lifestyle visit there was a gentleman that was having his house built and staying with his sister in the Villages and could not join softball until he was an official resident. Although this may be a difference between renter’s rights and visitor’s rights.

thelegges 05-22-2020 10:04 AM

Resident gives their Resident IDs to SS office. Renter then gets a resident ID for the period that the owner fills out paperwork, fee $50.

If a long term renter is in place for multiple years, owner fills out paperwork at SS office and fee is $50 for up to 3 years, renewing before 3 years is over, fee is not charged again.

They have the same privileges as any owner, sports pool, classes, softball

trekker954 05-22-2020 10:37 AM

As a frequent visitor, its all about the pass you are given. There is a guest pass and a temporary resident pass (the resident pass will cosst $50 for either 1 or 2 persons). With a guest pass you have restrictions such as no access to the sports pools, waitlisted for classes (if you get put on, a resident can easily bump you which happens for pickleball classes), no discounts at movies. Temporary resident passes you will be treated as a resident and will not get bumped and you can go to the sports pool. Many homeowners who rent short term less than a month, typically will just get you a guest pass or for sure ask you to pay for the temporary resident pass. Its worth the cost.