Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   What?!?!?........No whining thread on course conditions???? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/what-no-whining-thread-course-conditions-305988/)

dewilson58 05-02-2020 09:57 AM

What?!?!?........No whining thread on course conditions????

The last couple of years...........now is the time of year for whining threads on poor course conditions. Whining about bad maintenance, Whining about poor conditions, Whining about snowbird usage, etc.

Silence is golden.

:coolsmiley:

Shbullet 05-02-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1757399)
The last couple of years...........now is the time of year for whining threads on poor course conditions. Whining about bad maintenance, Whining about poor conditions, Whining about snowbird usage, etc.

Silence is golden.

If U really felt Silence is golden, what possessed you to now "instigate" Oh i got it, to achieve the all time high for amount of posts?

dewilson58 05-02-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shbullet (Post 1757402)
If U really felt Silence is golden, what possessed you to now "instigate" Oh i got it, to achieve the all time high for amount of posts?

Nope.
So many times, posters only post negatives and the thread highlights the lack of negative....which is a positive.
Try hard and you might understand.

Number of posts???............who cares.
It's like Hole-in-ones.............who cares.
It's like how big of a tip was left.............who cares.
It's like thin vs deep dish pizza...........who cares.

:ho:

Shbullet 05-02-2020 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=dewilson58;1757423]Nope.
So many times, posters only post negatives and the thread highlights the lack of negative....which is a positive.
Try hard and you might understand.

Number of posts???............who cares.
It's like Hole-in-ones.............who cares.
It's like how big of a tip was left.............who cares.
It's like thin vs deep dish pizza...........who cares.

All Im saying mr wilson is that your use of adjectives when describing those that complain about course conditions or anything else in TV is negative. Nothing positive about your posts when u are disagreeing with anyone that has a issue with TV. So you too should try hard to understand.

dewilson58 05-02-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shbullet (Post 1757613)
All Im saying mr wilson is that your use of adjectives when describing those that complain about course conditions or anything else in TV is negative. Nothing positive about your posts when u are disagreeing with anyone that has a issue with TV. So you too should try hard to understand.

Ooooooooooooooooo I understand.

When I see a spade, I call it a spade.
There are issues with TV, never have thought it's perfect.

Nothing is perfect except our Lord.

Shbullet 05-02-2020 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1757642)
Ooooooooooooooooo I understand.

When I see a spade, I call it a spade.
There are issues with TV, never have thought it's perfect.

Nothing is perfect except our Lord.

well Im certainally not a spade and at least we agree on one major thing...the good lord

golfing eagles 05-02-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shbullet (Post 1757402)

at 5,544 he isn't even close, there are members approaching 40,000

champion6 05-02-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Silence is golden.

Not in this section. There is a section titled, The Villages Golf Course Conditions. It's a great placed to whine about conditions.

Marvic 1 05-02-2020 05:35 PM

oh, I like this game! :pepper2::a040:

How about your dog pooping on your neighbor grass....... who cares.
See Mr Wilson, I get it!

dewilson58 05-02-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvic 1 (Post 1757706)
oh, I like this game! :pepper2::a040:

How about your dog pooping on your neighbor grass....... who cares.
See Mr Wilson, I get it!

Could be an interesting new thread.

___________________________________.........who cares.

rustyp 05-02-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1757722)

Could be an interesting new thread.

___________________________________.........who cares.

Maybe we can start a new thread on how many posts plus "PM's" TOTV posters have sent out. A better metric of transparency.

Northwoods 05-02-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Silence is golden.

You're too early... like looking for Love Bugs in March. They'll be back...

tophcfa 05-02-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Silence is golden.

I will give you some whining about golf conditions. The condition of golf where we are unfortunately stuck at up North, is that there is NO GOLF! All golf courses being closed are the worst possible conditions. How I wish we could be at our Villages home now.

To be able to hit a put at a raised PCV cup, hit off fairways that some think are mowed too tight, have to put through unrepared ball marks, have to smooth out an unraked bunker, etc... It all sounds like nirvana right about now.

CFrance 05-02-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1757692)
at 5,544 he isn't even close, there are members approaching 40,000

Plus he frequently makes me laugh.

Dilligas 05-03-2020 05:29 AM

Quote:

Silence is golden.

That’s because TV championship courses are in the best April-May condition in my 9 years here, especially the greens. Thank you TV course maintenance.