Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Who sets the policy at golf courses? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/who-sets-policy-golf-courses-306111/)

npwalters 05-05-2020 11:54 AM

Who sets the policy at golf courses?

Who sets the policy at TV golf courses?

I ask this question to follow up on a series of heated discussions on TOTV.

Full disclosure - I am in the camp that believe golfers not wearing masks is reasonable. I would like to see a "no mask required" policy extended to the outdoor activities under the purview of the Recreation Department.

The current argument usually goes "the golfers don't wear masks". The response is "they don't have to - not a rec department activity".

So is the ultimate decision maker for golf policies and recreation department policies the same? Not talking about the director of golf vs the director of recreation but rather whoever they report to.

If you have actual information please chime in. I suppose I could search this out but the inner workings of TV management is not my thing. Thanks in advance.

anothersteve 05-05-2020 12:27 PM

There is a "Golf and Country Club Administration". Maybe it's Them?
Steve

donassaid 05-05-2020 01:47 PM

Here's a thought for you. Why doesn't The Villages install cut off noodles situated an inch or so below the cups like many other courses that allows a putt to actually go in the cup but still retrievable without touching the flagstick? They could be left in tear round and make golf more enjoyable and your score more indicative of what you really shot?

golfing eagles 05-05-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donassaid (Post 1759385)
Here's a thought for you. Why doesn't The Villages install cut off noodles situated an inch or so below the cups like many other courses that allows a putt to actually go in the cup but still retrievable without touching the flagstick? They could be left in tear round and make golf more enjoyable and your score more indicative of what you really shot?

Good question, I've been saying that since the "pipes" arrived. And it's a much better question for Country Club administration than that mask nonsense.

Gerald 05-05-2020 03:05 PM

wow, so many questions and answers. Since there are no mask requested at this time for the golf courses. You could simple ask the golf office for an answer. As for the different ways to set up the holes. I believe the one being used makes all golf in the villages Just practice courses. So play with that in mind. Practice is not a bad thing. Hole in one should not be counted the way it is set up now.

npwalters 05-05-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donassaid (Post 1759385)

OK, I have no opinion on that. Don't think that has anything to do with my original post.

Marathon Man 05-05-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npwalters (Post 1759335)
Who sets the policy at TV golf courses?

I ask this question to follow up on a series of heated discussions on TOTV.

Full disclosure - I am in the camp that believe golfers not wearing masks is reasonable. I would like to see a "no mask required" policy extended to the outdoor activities under the purview of the Recreation Department.

The current argument usually goes "the golfers don't wear masks". The response is "they don't have to - not a rec department activity".

So is the ultimate decision maker for golf policies and recreation department policies the same? Not talking about the director of golf vs the director of recreation but rather whoever they report to.

If you have actual information please chime in. I suppose I could search this out but the inner workings of TV management is not my thing. Thanks in advance.

That's a shame. And all too common around here. A better understanding of how our community works would save a lot of people a lot of frustration.

CWGUY 05-05-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1759444)
That's a shame. And all too common around here. A better understanding of how our community works would save a lot of people a lot of frustration.

:ho: I agree! And would also add the time to try and get that understanding would be BEFORE you buy. Called due diligence I believe....... The wheel is rolling along just great and does not need to be reinvented. :)

npwalters 05-05-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1759453)
:ho: I agree! And would also add the time to try and get that understanding would be BEFORE you buy. Called due diligence I believe....... The wheel is rolling along just great and does not need to be reinvented. :)

So who is trying to reinvent the wheel? Cant anyone on here just answer a question?

anothersteve 05-05-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npwalters (Post 1759454)
So who is trying to reinvent the wheel? Cant anyone on here just answer a question?

I think I did
Steve

J1ceasar 05-06-2020 06:40 AM

Hilarious.

rjn5656 05-06-2020 06:43 AM

I would call Richard Baier. If it is not him, I am sure he knows who it is.

davem4616 05-06-2020 06:48 AM

no, Who does not set the policy at TV golf courses...Who is on first

golfing eagles 05-06-2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davem4616 (Post 1759662)
no, Who does not set the policy at TV golf courses...Who is on first

No, there are hundreds, maybe thousands of self appointed COVID "police"/tattletales/photographers that THINK they get to make policy everywhere and tell others what to do. Probably the same people that were the "teacher's pet" in grade school and ran home to Mommy if they had an incident playing in the street. Don't give them the time of day, I just ignore them, which makes them even more insane.

soniak4@gmail.com 05-06-2020 07:14 AM

The ultimate decision on policy and protocol is the Morse family. There is a Golf and Tennis organization who may call the day to day operation procedures and make some decisions but ultimately, the buck stops at the top, the Morse family.