Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Movies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/)
-   -   Inception (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/inception-30637/)

Shimpy 07-27-2010 05:20 PM

Inception

I guess my wife and I are the only ones in the world, but we thought Inception sucked and walked out about 3/4 through it. I have a hard time liking any movie that is not believable. We couldn't understand it and got totally lost as to what was going on. It seems that each movie has to better the last one on special effects. Special effects are no big deal now with the use of computers as compared to the old days when they had to actually creat a situation such as a building exploding and only had one chance to get it right. JMHO

getdul981 07-27-2010 07:09 PM

Sounds like the movie Syriana. My wife and I went with our next door neighbors several years ago when it first came out. We all 4 sat there and watched. When it was over we walked out to the lobby, looked at each other and said "What was that all about?". None of us understood what the thing was about.

jannd228 07-27-2010 07:25 PM

You're Right

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimpy (Post 279121)
I guess my wife and I are the only ones in the world, but we thought Inception sucked and walked out about 3/4 through it. I have a hard time liking any movie that is not believable. We couldn't understand it and got totally lost as to what was going on. It seems that each movie has to better the last one on special effects. Special effects are no big deal now with the use of computers as compared to the old days when they had to actually creat a situation such as a building exploding and only had one chance to get it right. JMHO

I saw it, didn't get it, read the reviews and the "spoilers" as they are called, totally did not understand the snow scene which one review said was purgatory, not sure whose soul was there, BUT this is the second DiCaprio movie where he has a dead wife who was seriously depressed and children he could no longer be with, he needs to figure out what he is looking for I think

Skip2MySue 07-28-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getdul981 (Post 279136)
Sounds like the movie Syriana. My wife and I went with our next door neighbors several years ago when it first came out. We all 4 sat there and watched. When it was over we walked out to the lobby, looked at each other and said "What was that all about?". None of us understood what the thing was about.

Greg,
We had the same experience!!!!!!!!!! What a waste of money that was.:icon_bored:
Skip

Taltarzac 07-28-2010 05:51 PM

Hard to understand in many places.

Saw this movie today. The special effects were good but the plot gave me a bit of a headache. There does not seem to be that much for the heart in the movie either.

Pats2010 07-28-2010 06:01 PM

Well, the verdict = avoid this movie?

Taltarzac 07-28-2010 06:04 PM

It is an experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pats2010 (Post 279555)
Well, the verdict = avoid this movie?

I did not find it that entertaining. More of a movie you might like if doing something like going to a restaurant with no lighting appeals to you.

Wish I had some "Cliff Notes" for it though.

Mudder 07-28-2010 06:34 PM

Inception was totally weird, also walked out about 2/3 of the way through. On the other hand I loved Syriana......well, of course maybe it was because of George Clooney.

k2at 07-28-2010 10:16 PM

One of the worst movies I ever saw. Did not walk out on it, but sure wanted to.

Pats2010 07-28-2010 10:21 PM

Figures. When the critics go gaga over a movie, it is usually a bomb.

getdul981 07-29-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pats2010 (Post 279611)
Figures. When the critics go gaga over a movie, it is usually a bomb.

Ain't that the truth!!! Whenever my wife says that a movie didn't get very good reviews, I tell her that we need to see it.

inda50 07-29-2010 04:02 PM

sorry waste of good talent and good production on a very poor screenplay!!

zummy 08-02-2010 12:09 AM

Wife and I saw it today and I can't disagree with these negative comments. Save you money

FLBuckeyeIII 09-27-2010 05:32 PM

Thought the movie was amazing..

If you're the kind of person who likes simple-plotted movies that don't require thinking than you may not like this movie...

It's different in a GREAT way....

Shimpy 09-28-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLBuckeyeIII (Post 295505)
Thought the movie was amazing..

If you're the kind of person who likes simple-plotted movies that don't require thinking than you may not like this movie...

It's different in a GREAT way....

The way you put that leaves me wondering if we who didn't like that movie, who are in the majority, are simple minded or not, in your opinion.