Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Anyone gone to get a haircut? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/anyone-gone-get-haircut-306428/)

Todayscoolfacts 05-13-2020 01:57 PM

Anyone gone to get a haircut?

I've been hesitant to go out to a barber shop. Has anyone gone to get their hair done? How is the whole process? Do you feel like masks are enough?

JoMar 05-13-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todayscoolfacts (Post 1764408)
I've been hesitant to go out to a barber shop. Has anyone gone to get their hair done? How is the whole process? Do you feel like masks are enough?

Lots of neighbors went and were pleased with the process. My wife went yesterday and was impressed with the process. Masks everywhere, stations wiped down after every customer, gloves on the stylists. She felt very safe. My neighbor went for a haircut Monday morning and he felt they had it all under control. So doesn't seem to be an issue so far.

Stu from NYC 05-13-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1764425)
Lots of neighbors went and were pleased with the process. My wife went yesterday and was impressed with the process. Masks everywhere, stations wiped down after every customer, gloves on the stylists. She felt very safe. My neighbor went for a haircut Monday morning and he felt they had it all under control. So doesn't seem to be an issue so far.

Wife desperately wants to get her hair done but not sure how safe it is.

davem4616 05-13-2020 03:15 PM

my wife went last week to get her hair done...only one person at a time in the salon (it's a one seater salon)...you text when you're outside, the gal comes out and waves you in....she wasn't blow drying the hair as that was thought to be a risk...she was pleased and happy...gal behind us went to the same salon later in the day...ditto, two happy ladies

I've been cutting what little hair I have left myself for the past 3 years....I like the look, but the tips are lousy

600th Photo Sq 05-13-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todayscoolfacts (Post 1764408)

The answer to your question: Yes I have @ Cal's at Sumter Landing on Monday.

I tried on numerous times to telephone without success. So I drove over in my cart.

The process went like this. An employee was outside taking appointments, I managed to get one for that afternoon.

They person who cut my hair wore a mask .

Cal's leaves wearing a mask as an option to the customer.

Went like clockwork. :)

Madelaine Amee 05-13-2020 04:47 PM

I had my hair cut and styled yesterday. Same thing as above, stay in car until texted to come to the door which is locked. Stylist came to let me in. I had to go right to the ladies room and wash with soap and water. Then to stylist chair for hair wash. Then cut and style. Multi stylist salon, all doing the same routine. No problems, masks and gloves on all of us.

Before I went, my husband reminded me that my hair stylist is not a kamikaze pilot, he wants to live too!

Velvet 05-13-2020 05:00 PM

Nope. I know my own hair better than anyone and I do a better and kinder job. Found out many years ago. Same with my nails. (I don’t do my own teeth though. ;))

coffeebean 05-13-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1764425)

Were the stylists changing gloves and washing their hands between every customer?

ONTAP15 05-13-2020 07:06 PM

Went to the Buffalo Barbara shop today by 466 and CR 101.......Got taken in less than ten minutes..Masks mandatory,, chair wiped down, plastic barriers in between customers. Out of there in 15 minutes.. All great...:a040:

villagetinker 05-13-2020 07:08 PM

Went to Cal's in Brownwood, hand sanitizer provided for customers, masks were REQUIRED for customers, barbers wore masks and gloves, did not get my neck shaved, not sure if this was due to the new barber or if this was not being offered, I forgot to ask. it was suggested that you make an appointment, but it appeared you could do standby. I was satisfied with their approach.

Topspinmo 05-13-2020 09:39 PM

Once I got flowbee I cut my own hair, let’s see been 28 years now. O wait, got one when I had but brain tumor removed in 2003.

John_W 05-13-2020 10:04 PM

I gave myself a trim yesterday, been cutting my own hair since 1972. My wife said I should of been a barber.

EdFNJ 05-13-2020 10:47 PM

I already had a Wahl "professional" electric cutter w/accessories and I learned on YouTube how to do it myself (with a bit of help from my wife where I can't reach on the back of my neck) and it comes out almost as good as the "pros." I just need to master the sideburns a little better. Takes 10 minutes and I saved $20.

As for gloves, I looked into CALS in LSL this morning as we walked by and the 2 barbers that I was able to see were NOT wearing gloves but they did have masks. I'm sure they used hand sanitizer first.

njbchbum 05-13-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONTAP15 (Post 1764560)
Went to the Buffalo Barbara shop today by 466 and CR 101.......Got taken in less than ten minutes..Masks mandatory,, chair wiped down, plastic barriers in between customers. Out of there in 15 minutes.. All great...:a040:

Hubs went for his appt there Tues afternoon - his stylist even wore the protective plastic full face mask! All clients social distancing outside the bldg waiting for their name to be called. He said it was executed very safely, too. Same 15 min in and out!

Two Bills 05-14-2020 04:01 AM

I did another stupid thing whilst hairdressers were closed.
Did my wifes hair color for her.
She says I do it better than the hairdresser.
Now I have the job fulltime.

Dumbo!!:ohdear: